Botcon WFC Smackdown 2010!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OldDirtyBot, Apr 26, 2010.

1. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

So War for Cybertron is out Tuesday June 22nd. Most of us are leaving for Botcon Wed June 23rd. UGH I MUST PLAY! So the PS3, 360, or laptop will be coming with me it looks like. Question is will the TV's in the hotel allow hook up. HDMI or Component. Some do, many usually don't have jacks or have them blocked and don't let you play your own system so they can charge you to play those crappy old SNES games built into their system. Any chance someone may want to give the Swan\Dolphin a call and see what kind of tv's they got and hookups allowed? (I'm lazy and a canceled my resv to room up with some others)

If they don't allow it I might have to pick up a 32" flat panel to bring with lol. Sure that would look weird dragging into a Disney Hotel. I plan to spend plenty of time actually at Botcon events and maybe some Disney stuff but over the course of 5 days I plan to get in plenty of play also. Which means some serious WFC room parties.

Any word if there is going to be anything at Botcon specifically for or about War for Cybertron? Getting High Moon Studios there just seems logical. A dedicated gaming room would be great and solve the room tv problems. I'd love to know if the PC version is going to support lan play.

So who else going to Botcon and can't wait for this game thinks this is just another thing that is going to make this a great time.

2. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Most hotels have semi-modern TV's from my experience (I don't travel all that much though). I wouldn't be concerned about that really just the idea of bringing it. It may be handled poorly by the airline (if you're flying) or it could be stolen somehow. I tend to get paranoid about my video games though.

3. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Nooo definitely not flying. Will be driving. Need the room to get the haul back home heh.

As for stolen... well hopefully most ppl there will be fairly honest but I'll keep a close eye on it anyway.

No other gamers going to botcon?

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I might be going(I say maybe 60% I'm not 40% somewhere around there) but if I do go I'll either leave my copy at home or if the high moon guys be there I'll get it signed. But I can not play it for botcon its fine not gonna kill me.

5. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I'm takeing my laptop so I can play it on the flight :D 

6. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    I thought you were getting it for the 360?

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll have my laptop at Botcon for TFW news coverage. I may or may not have the game by then.

Call the hotel regarding HDMI hookup on the TVs, act like you're thinking of booking a room.

8. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Yeah now I see your in Georgia. I live in NJ so driving would be a little rough for me :p 

I would go to Botcon but

A) I will be in California when it's going on
    B) My family is tight on cash so I probably wouldn't be able to go anyway :/

9. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Wonder if the WfC toys be out by then?

Can't believe High Moon Studios would schedule the game release right before Botcon and not show up there so hopefully they have a booth or some presence.