Botcon Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UTK007, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, they are....

2. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    Also, for the record, the pic has nothing to do with target 2006. That was a total coincidence as Lanny had never seen that image before lol....

3. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    delete

4. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    I just hope this set has minicons in it. And... maybe a female.

5. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I just want the location. If it's really in April sometime, we're seriously getting very dangerously close to only "4 months notice" yet I do believe the Rhode Island convention was determined and revealed at BotCon 2006 ... with details following later the next year.

Give us the state at least.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i need to know how to get my travel paid for, and knowing where im headed would be really sweet.....pete....will we know by this weekend?

7. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

you havent noticed that they are trying to make a 'one world' multi universe TF timeline?
    your suppose to assume that the armadaverse is the center.
    they did TF: timelines using Cybertron repaints... to make BW universe connect to armadaverse (also had a few G1 characters in the comic)
    then last year they started using Cybertron repaints mixed in with the Classics repaints. so you think Classics is the G1 of the armadaverse.

personaly i would have made the TF timelines G1 Predacons, this year, and Stunticons next year.

on the main note... stunticons or mirror world...
    i think the story goes like this. in g1 the autobots disguised themselves as the stunticons. i think this will be that same story. so they are autobot molds painted like the stunticons. not much thinking to it. thats also thier excuse for not combining.
    i wonder if they will continue from the last series. wasnt bumblebee disguised as Bugbite? where was prime, storywise last year?

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I definitely hope for details on location and date soon so I can see if I can manage it, I wanna finally go this year incredibly bad

Mirrorverse would be fine by me

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just gimme the where and when, and if convenient enough I'll (probably) get whatever exclusives are set in front of me.

If they ARE 'mirror universe' Autobots, they gonna need beards! :) 

10. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I am really intersted to see what it ends up being. I hope the location is near me.

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I don't think its as cut and dry as stunticons. Though I'm not saying that would'nt be cool there is alot more than that. The presentation persists with its reverse g1 theme and purple autobot symbol in the botcon logo.

So this are likely evil alternate universe autobots (likely pulled to this universe by unicron for some reason), perhaps named and colored as stunticons. because were not just going to clamor for some random evil dudes without a g1 connection.

curious as to what a good red decepticon classics megatron with cybertron troops would play into this. If it's a six figure box set I'd like to see it 3 on 3.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, you're absolutely right - it *is* more of a fan-lumping (if that makes sense) than it is an official direction from Hasbro. I meant to imply that in my post but I guess it didn't come across as intended. But on the flipside - and kind of in response to Pete's reply as well - it was the Devastator set that got me thinking about what kind of direction the Classics line could be taking (or took) since it was such an odd choice of an oldie repaint being used in the new line - and something that was directly a Hasbro release. What added to that concern was, as pointed out, the release of Bugbite & Dreadwind along with characters like Huffer & Springer being repaints under the Classics moniker of sorts , whether or not they are/were officially under that flag. And that's not a complaint - just an observation of a couple unexpected direction changes that seemed to come out of nowhere after so many entirely new molds of figures otherwise being homaged in the Classics line.

Oh believe me, I know this is ALL purely speculative at this point since we have no idea what next year's exclusives will be, so I'm *not* passing any judgements... yet :) . But based on the teaser image with what's obviously the Classics Prime mold and a couple of Cybertron molds, that's what we're all doing right now - speculating. And with said speculation comes excitement and/or concern depending who you are. No shots against FP from me - merely getting prepared for what *could be* another series of quasi Classics related figures based on old molds and some opinions/comments/questions of the mold & character selection.

But in more direct response to your statement of if a Cybertron mold is used in Universe, then it is a Universe toy - that's pretty much the entire point I was initially referring to by the line seemingly to veer in any direction that Hasbro, FP or the fans see fit. I mean, the main attraction for a lot of people when Classics came out was that they were entirely new designs of old G1 characters - not just repaints of past lines with new names stuck on them. And when all waves of the series included more new designs & G1 homaged characters, it more or less set the tone... until the Devastator set and BotCon bonus figures happened. For better or worse dependent on who you are :) . For me, personally, it was for the worse and not a direction that I wanted to see the line take. That's all.

But to be fair, I didn't say that you *did* rush those characters - I said that the decision to repaint those old molds and give them Classics (quasi or otherwise) names seemed to be a rushed one. It probably wasn't, but I nevertheless had to question why Springer & Huffer in particular - two characters Hasbro apparently had to sign off on - got old mold repaints instead of (potentially) more accurate new Classics designs sometime in the future. And like I said, it's just a personal opinion that I don't think the molds of other past lines fit with the aesthetic of the new mold Classics - NOT a complaint, but admittedly a slight disappointment since those characters (like the Constructicons) are now spoken for and likely won't ever get updated looks for the upcoming Classics 2.0 / Universe line.

All in all, I'm anxious to see what next year's figures will be and will not claim for a second that I know what direction will be taken until I see the official images online. But based on the BC website image, I think it's fair to understand why people are already weighing the pros vs. cons of the possible outcome. But I don't think the official bitching/cheering will start until people see the finalized names & designs, hehe.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

If that's a black repaint of classics Prime I am going to cream.

C'mon FP, start spilling the details already :D 

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Hopes its in Albuquerque, NM".... oh wait... there are only 7 of us that post on the boards....

I want to go this year. After so many years, I NEED to attend.

But I need to balance out goin to Botcon or a Romantic vacation with the girlfriend....

C'mon Botcon.... be someplace ROMANTIC!!! Yeah.... sexy.... that's right. :) 

Pete, tell us its someplace sexy!!!

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

In my pants is not an option :eek: 

16. Sage

Sage The ZetaConvoy

Botcon. Ah, romance...

When exclusives hit your eye...
    and your girlfriend lets you buy....

That's amore! :wink: 

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    :lolol  I still plan to make a black prime (motormaster is a black truck but certainly not a black robot) but that would save me the time and let me use it to make something else. I'd be down wit dat.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Everyone who still thinks "Stunticons" should ask himself how "slavish rehashes of 1986 toys" would fit with the tagline "Everything you know will be shattered". What would be shattered? Originality?

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That was my inpression too. Like the old Star trek episode "Mirror, Mirror" A universe where the Autobots are evil and the and what passes for that Universe's Decepticons are the heroes.

BTW, I'd rather see that than Stunticons. Stunticons wouldn't fit the "Shattered" knowleged concept anyway.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  20. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    I'll go ahead and predict Classics Stunticons