Botcon Ultra Magnus & Metalhawk pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Omnius, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would be interested in Metalhawk for myself and the Soundwave for a Birthday present to my soundwave fanatic pal :) 

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Metalhawk the best.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - SG Ultra Magnus - Looks OK, but I've never been all that interested in Powered Convoy, so not something that excites me.
    - Classics Metalhawk - Deco works fairly well as an homage, but the Thunderwing mold isn't the greatest.
    - SG Tracks - Vehicle mode looks decent, but that deco looks terrible on that mold in robot mode.
    - SG Treadshot - Fairly nice job all around; the only stand-out figure of the set.
    - SG Soundwave - Crap redeco of an unimpressive mold.
    - Classics Gigatron - Decent redeco and a good mold, but terrible mold choice for the character.

4. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh. Easy pass this year.

5. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I think the only one I can say I don't like is SG Soundwave. I either like or love the other molds, and I think I like how these guys look. I wouldn't mind getting the set. My favorites have to be SG Treadshot and SG Tracks.

6. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

'Who ever you are, squintform and squint out!' Well, hopefully there are some larger pics of the last two around the corner, even though I have both figures upon which the last two reveals are based and I'd considered Thunderwing as the most likely candidate for reuse as Metalhawk. While I would like 'most likely' to equate to 'inspired and amazing looking', for me at least, that remains to be seen.

So far as I can articulate my perspective, the Classics-verse Pretenders' shell and core composite Transformer aesthetic is something that will or won't work in the eyes of individual TF fans on a case by case basis. That's unlike a general view of the original of the original Pretender toys, which seem to polarize opinions a lot more, bar those in the community who do - or choose - not to remember them lol.

While I've never owned an original Pretender, I remember them from my Primary School days and several amongst my extended family. Moreover I've watched Super God Masterforce through just last year and really enjoyed it as a subtler work among the G1 cartoons/ Anime. As such I was eagerly, yet quietly and rationally anticipating a Metalhawk that felt right, perhaps; I knew in all likelihood this Pretender would be hybridized into one figure (their Overlord should have removed anybody's doubt of that lol). As I suggested earlier howeve, this is going to come together one way or another for me when we get a good view of the how the details work visually, namely the head and if it has been retooled - successfully.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see the full pictures of the last two. But I am lovin this set. Metalhawk pops in that pic, and Magnus will look great along side DIA Commander. I just need to track down a second one for the inevitable Maketoys upgrade to match it. Soundwave probably won't look as "long faced" in person as the faceplate kind of blends in with the neck in the picture, and Tracks and the Jazz repaint/retool are solid wins in my book. Just hope I can land an attendee figure for a decent price as I am not going to be there in person.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not feeling any of these at all.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Nice! I can't wait to get this set.

Around Xmas time.

From the TFCC website.

At a steep discount.

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else notice SG Soundwave is different?

Black crotch, different bot pose...

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Good luck with that. Considering the attendee sets are over 40% sold out, and with botcon not being in the summer this year, the likelyhood of a lot more non-attendee sets being sold to people who can't attend in the summer, I don't see many reaching the club store (let alone at a steep discount). Vocal people may blast the set, but there are enough of us interested in it, that they will have no problems selling it.

12. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: a UM repaint of optimus!! how original :redface2: 

13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad there won't be any left...

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    that is a whole bunch of fail!

the tank mold one looks minorly interesting...that is it.

15. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sure hope they make one! If I do get that SG Evil UMagnus, it will go perfectly with my Ehobby UMagnus.

What's the prefix SG stands for? At first I thought maybe it was an exclusive at Singapore than I realize Botcon is in Texas, LOL.

16. Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf Well-Known Member

Digging the fact they used the Pretender shell as the main body in Metalhawks case, meshes up well with Bludgeon, Skullgrin, and Thunderwing. I can only hope this means that Octopunch will have the Diving Bell for a head. Wonder if they'd consider making one of Longtooth or Crossblades to give the Autobots an equal number of pretenders, Maybe Splashdown. Stranglehold... should probably stay in the late 80s.

17. adambman

It's kind of a shame that the Ironhide/Ratchet Deluxe on which that Soundwave is based doesn't have the 3mm clip system anywhere; Treadshot's speakers would make sense swapped over to him. Still, that's a drop in the ocean to the way others critique that mould lol.

18. adambman

It stands for Shattered Glass. :) 

19. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not only that, but the head looks smaller (at least from that pic). I'm starting to get interested in that toy (it helps that it is the only mold of the 6 that I don't have yet. Also it's Soundwave).

20. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]