Botcon toys question..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by crimbot, May 13, 2008.

1. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm sure someone in here should know. I won a Botcon set on Ebay and just received it today. I opened the lid and was surprised to see that none of the toys had the little clear elastics on them like I was expecting. It even looked like Goldbug had damage to his drivers side windows, like he had been dropped or something. There was also no certificate of Authenticity. I was wondering...

1. Do the toys from the botcon set come with the elastics on them or not?

2. Is that damage on Goldbugs windsheild supposed to be there, as a part of the "shattered glass" image?

3. Do all the Botcon sets come with the certificate of authenticity or not?

Thanks y'all for your time!

2. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it comes with no elastics
    mine didnt have damage on the doors
    and it is suppose to come with a certificate.

3. crimbot

Ebay:
    thanks! I was a little bit alarmed when I didn't see the elastics at first. Then while inspecting the toys a little closer, It looks like the windshields were a bit scratched, and then I noticed the bang on goldbugs door window. Maybe it's a botcon quality control thing. or maybe someone played with the toys before sending them off to me.
    Either way, I'm sad I don't have the certificate of Authenticity... what wold someone ever do with that if they don't have the toys?

4. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    check under the foam, I bet its in the bottom of the box. Did you get the comic?

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I too was surprised when I didn't see any elastics.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The QC was not fantastic on my Shattered Glass Starscream, one of his screws was not the whole way in, which meant the paint on his arm scraped when the part was moved. Fortunately, it was easy to fix, and I had the perfect red paint to fix the scratch.

From what I was told at Botcon, though, there were a few problems with paint apps on Goldbug (mainly the eyes though), and the Starscreams all have little imperfections on the red. You ought to contact Fun Publications if the damage is really bad, I know they have helped people before who have got home and found problems on the Botcon sets. Not sure if it would work for you, though, since you got one through Ebay.

7. crimbot

Ebay:
    I did check under the foam for the certificate, but there was El zilcho underneath, except for the cyber planet keys and the bio cards and instructions. I was surprised the other day when I didn't think I had one for the games of deception set, and then what do you know, it WAS under the foam!! I'm wondering why the seller didn't just give it to me?

Yeah, I don't suppose FP would help out.... I would have bought one from them if they wer available though.. hopefully next year I can just buy from them as opposed to the scalpers. I hope they make more sets next year.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Have you contacted the seller regarding the certificate?

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, your best bet is to contact the seller about this stuff.

10. crimbot

Ebay:
    Good News! The seller replied and is going to send the certificate!

Bad news, I guess I'm stuck with the damaged Goldbug. I hope it's not too common.
    [​IMG]

11. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

That looks damaged. I check mind and it doesn'y look like that...but at least it goes with the whole Shattered Glass story!

12. crimbot

Ebay:
    Maybe I can say i got the "super shattered" variant:) 

13. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it helps, my Goldbug had a very similar scar on the corner of the roof. He also had a very pronounced scar on his front bumper. The worst of the lot was my Blurr, which was missing the silver paint on one of his hands. Quality control this year was not very good.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm. . .I wonder if quality control and defects were the reason so many showed up on ebay this year.

I doubt that they'll make that many more next year. They made over ~1000 of each figure (more to replace defects). The problem is that many people do not or cannot commit to buying the set when registration first comes and they don't know what they're getting. The "dealers" and experience buyers end up walking away with 6-10 boxsets because they know they'll get a profit after the con. My suggestion on this year's survey was to limit the primus package to 1 per person for the 1st month the forms are out but who knows if they'll implement that or not. Unlikely though. Funpub would have to track it and the ebay prices of the exclusives actually promotes interests so more people will attend botcon the following years.

CRIMBOT: If you can, get the seller to include the comic also. It's part of the boxset and it's great.