Botcon Thundercracker on eBay!!! 3 DAYS left!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Peaugh, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nooo! :( 

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is a kindle, if I may ask......looks like a job for: :google 

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I noticed in your auction that Thundercracker comes with an instruction manual & tech-spec card, and says that it's from the BotCon "Games Of Deception" boxset. Is this normal? I only ask because neither of my boxsets (bought directly from Fun Publications) came with those things - it was just the 5 figures, the BC 2007 pin, and a folder containing the comic & certificate of authenticity... which kind sucks because I actually want the tech-spec cards :) 

5. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Lift out the inserts from the box. ;) 

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Well that's interesting. The boxset that I did look under the foam in months ago doesn't have any of this stuff (which is why I never checked the other one - just assumed these cards were only included with the bagged sets), but after looking under the foam of my extra boxset, the tech-specs & instructions are indeed there. So that's good - I don't feel like a total dumbass... just half of one for not checking both of them from the start.

Thanks, Jourdo! If you didn't say anything, I probably would have never bothered to check again. Though now I'm kinda pissed that one of my sets doesn't have this stuff like it should...

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    ???

Is that about the auction or the Kindle?

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I knew nothing about any kindle until it was mentioned after I'd already posted. I didnt' even click on the link. Just that you only were there to pick these guys up and you're having to sell them now :( 

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Actually, I was there for the Botcon charity screening, and figured I'd run over and nab the figures from the guy who was buying them for me. Saved me money on having them shipped. And while Thundercracker is the last of my Botcon 2007 figures, I'll know Mirage always has a place on your shelf :)  I'm trying to cut back on my toys as it is, with my daughter getting to the point where she's got more and more coming in, and really, they're just toys. Rare toys, in some cases, but right now, having a nice book reader for traveling is more important to me than a toy that's been displayed on my shelf and not touched since two weeks after I got it.

10. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

slashdot reported that the kindle sold out in about 5.5 hrs. It could be a while before they get more in. :( 

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    They'll have more in stock on Dec. 3rd, and I can preorder it now and have it shipped to me.

12. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Peaugh, can I ask... why a Kindle?

I am prefering the Sony PRS-505 right now. It looks nicer than the Kindle, which is kinda wedge shaped and clunky. The PRS-505 a bit smaller all round and looks more modern. The Kindle does have some nice wireless functionality over and above that of the Sony machine, but the size and look of it really put me off :( 

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

It's precisely because of that wireless functionality. The package itself is nice, I like the service that Amazon is providing, but with our one-year-old daughter, we spend a lot of time now traveling to visit relatives, and we usually drive. I tend to either bring a LOT of books with me on the 13-hour drive to Florida, or I end up bringing one or two and then finishing them during the drive and wanting more. The ability to carry several books in one small package, as well as grab a new book on the go was really the dealbreaker there.