Botcon thrust vs generations thrust (not a hate thread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Necare, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I picked up generations thrust the other day. I already had botch thrust and didn't pay supremely ridiculous prices for him but still paid a heafty price. So I figured I would purchase the generations thrust and sell my still MISB(bag) botch thrust and recoup some of the cost of him and still end up with a nice thrust. Though now that I have both figures I didn't realize how much of a remolding the generations figure is. Most of you probably already knew this from the henkei version, though my biggest surprise is that I actually don't like the generations version nearly as much.

Does anyone feel the same? The vtol engines are more detailed on the generations version, though the wings are so large and the main wing assembly doesn't really do much during transformation.

So the question is, what do you think I should do? Keep the botcon or generations version. Some of you will say which ever one I like better, but I am actually asking you for your opinion of the figures. I will put up some comparison pictures when I have a chance.

Thanks for your input.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Same here. While half the fans are saying "Man, I bet the people who paid for Botcon Seekers are kicking themselves now!," I'm saying "Eh... Botcon Thrust's wings are better. Color scheme is pretty nice too. Glad I have mine!"

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    IMO, you can never have too many of the seeker mold. I think they both look great. I don't have the Botcon version for myself yet, and am (selfishly) hoping that there is a nice drop in price for a while so that I can pick one up at a reasonable price. I think they are different enough to warrant owning them both.

So I guess my opinion would be, keep them both. I have the Henkei, will have the Generations within a couple days, and still want the botcon version at some point. But I also have loved the character since the days of G1.

4. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Ever since they showed Thrust at Toy Fair, I felt that the botcon version is a lot better. Mainly from the wings. I have the Botcon one and will get the Generations one when I see it. But I'm keeping both. Having the Generations one will allow me to have one on display and one I can transform a few times, etc. And my Botcon one will go into a case and be on display, avoiding getting dusty.

So I favor keeping both. Unless you really need the money and can sell Botcon Thrust for quite a bit.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm with the don't sell crowd. Botcon Thrust's value probably took a hit and Generations Thrust isn't even worth selling at this time. Just hold onto both and sell the Generations toy at a later date.

I only own Henkei Thrust but i'm very satisfied with it and don't intend to buy either the botcon or generations Thrust.

6. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    I own the Henkei Thrust but I went ahead and gotten a generations Thrust too, feels so much better handling a 20++ toy compare to the Henkei exclusive

7. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

I have Botcon Thrust and Henkei Thrust and will get Generations Thrust - I also have every other Classics mold seeker - but I say keep them both.

People have varying opinions - some are happy for the Generations version because they either couldn't afford the other versions or could afford them and just didn't want to spend or whatever.

In the end, IMHO, every version is unique and a prize. People say one version hurts the "value" of another but I disagree. Botcon Thrust was an exclusive and produced in limited numbers and the Henkei one was too. Generations will be mass produced making it cheap(er) but the one truth is that each figure is unique and having one does not negate the others. For people who just want the "character" then any one of the versions will do...

You have both so keep both :thumb 

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I don't have Botcon or Henkei. If I had to pick a mold, I would pick Henkei but I like the colors on the Botcon better. What I like about the Generations is that it's kind of a combination of both.

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I prefer Generations Thrust because it has a more cartoon accurate color scheme as opposed to the Botcon versions G1 toy color scheme

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'd keep Botcon Thrust. Its just better. I bought the henkei one thinking it could just make me forget the Botcon.... but it can't. That Botcon Thrust is such a nice piece. The paint and wings are so much better.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the wings on the botcon one is the best, but generations has the best colorsceme, i can't wait to get my hands on thrust, been waiting since 2007

12. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having both the Botcon and Generations versions, I'm keeping both. Botcon version does have better wings, but I like the more metallic red on the Generations version. And I can play with the Generations version a lot more, since it is a lot cheaper. BC Thrust is going into storage.

+-MWG-+

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Botcon one is vastly better to me, forget the price just on the mold it self Botcon Trust is sleeker in both mode, his VTOL's are in his wings which is about the only way they make sense rather than on top or under them which would limit there effectiveness.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I prefer the Henkei/Generations version. Thrust's fans were always useless.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Me too. I'll definitely be getting Generations Thrust but the Botcon version is still better to me. Those wings on the Henkei remold jus don't look very good IMO. And I'm not afan of the lighter colored face. Generations Dirge on the other hand looks better than the Botcon version IMO.

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I've all 3 variants & I must add that they're all different & interesting in their own rights. :D 

But Generation's Thrust had grown on me more than I ever imagined. In fact, he now outclass his Henkei counterpart (despite him being nothing more than a mere Repaint that was made available ever so conveniently)

Just didn't feel for the Camo-ed wings on Japanese version.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This is the only thing that stopped me buying him ages ago. Same goes for Dirge. Now it looks like I've lucked out!

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't care, I just want a Thrust!

19. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I do have the Henkei and I will buy the Generations version as well. It's a matter of preference. I would keep the Botcon one if I did have it

20. G1 Warpath

G1 Warpath Well-Known Member

You should customize Generations Thrust into Red Wing.