BOTCON - The long line wait... :(

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by kllrwlf, May 31, 2009.

1. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

So I finally get there with my 3 year old around noon...

That line went from the building... weaved all the way down... then across to the sidewalk, and all the way to the corner. :eek: 

The attending said that it's a 2 hour wait. :( 

So we left the line and just went to the lobby, had my son pose with the statues of Optimus and Bumblebee... we were able to see Grimlock and Bumblebee dress-ups before they went to the floor... then went home.

So... we *might* try to actually get inside on Sunday.

What were your wait times, and around what time did you get there?

2. masterjetfire

masterjetfire Well-Known Member

i was their too, igot their at 9 and went in at 12

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for the last 4 or 5 years I have noticed if you don't prereg for a convention it just isnt worth going

4. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Went with Soulvisser and Panzerjedi today and that line was pretty long. It was totally worth it though. Got to see Stan Bush, Weird Al and Vange1us! That's right Vange1us!! *squeals* ^_^

5. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I was waiting in line the family behind me started complaining about the wait almost immediately. Really impatient people... I think their kids have severe ADHD too - they could not stand still at all the entire time.

As for BotCon, the 90 min wait in line was totally worth it for me. Next year I think I'll do more than general admission.

6. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

got there round about 10, got in around 12:20. not too bad, got to chat with some peeps. ran into Foster, Sethbuzzard, and Aksmth! whooo

7. kllrwlf

I think I'll have to pass then... the 2 hour wait is alright with me... just don't think my 3 year old can do it.

The last time I went to Botcon was the previous time that it was at Pasadena and the lines weren't as long. Next time, I'll pre-order the tickets.

8. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

IMO waits suck but it's good soo many are showing up to keep our hobby alive and growing

9. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I got there at 10 and got in at 1, it took so long because they just had two box office ticket windows open. Who does THAT? I mean when you go see a movie at the theatre on a Friday night they have 5 windows open atleast but two for BotCon. Give me a break.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again... given how long the lines are at BotCon each year, there needs to be a roller coaster at the end of it.

11. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I'm extemely disappointed with the way that was handled. Two little old ladies selling tickets = 2.5 hours in line.

And this, after I left the Bay Area at 4am and arrived at Botcon at 11, got in at 1:30. ... no way to get enough time to do and see everything with only a little over 3 hours of time left.

So basically, unless you have buttloads of money to spend on a hotel, airfare, pre-reg, exclusive packages, the average fan who has to work the night before and is on a limited budget is screwed out of the experience.

My experence = 14 hours round trip, 2.5 hours in line, 3 hours at Botcon.

12. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

unless you're lucky enough to live close by the convention's location.

13. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Got there 10:20, went in 2 hours later. Totally worth it and wish it didn't have to end. :( 

14. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The lines have ALWAYS been the issue with BotCon. The 3 years I've been we've been fairly lucky and got our pre-reg packages quite quickly, but the souvenir lines are always a nightmare. Well there was 2006 when we arrived late and it took about 2 minutes for the souvenir lines).

I was watching someone's Youtube Vlog, and they commented that in total they were in both lines for over 5 and half hours.

Queuing like that is a very easy way to ruin someone's experience.

15. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After reading this thread, part of me definitely doesn't feel so bad about standing in line for an hour and a half to pick up my pre-reg package.

16. kllrwlf

You would think that they would want everyone inside as soon as possible to spend and buy as much as possible... :crazy: 

I had a lot of money to spend... hell, my 3 year old had money to spend. The only ones that made money off of us was the $10 parking and $10 in gas because we couldn't wait the 2+ hours to get in. :( 

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Stu told me he waited five hours in line. That's the price you pay for having it in the west coast. The last three years I think I waited about an two hours for the boxset and exclusvies.

18. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

yeah..lines were pretty bad. My registration time was 8 pm...didn't get to the front of the clubstore line until around 10:30. I was actually in line to pick up the souvenir figs with people who had registered at 7 pm. Had a buddy who registered at 8 but didn't get to buy his figures until close to midnight. Lines were freaking insane to say the least...... At least we were the first in line to get Weird Al's autograph.... ;) 

19. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I was on the Thur., 7pm pickup and indeed waited 5 hours as well. I'm sure there were people who waited longer, like the lady who proudly got there at 3:30 for her 8pm pickup

I'm glad eating your donuts was as good for you as it was for us.

20. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Oh totally, I'm glad you enjoyed your jelly filled donut. I'll say it again though, I'm still kicking myself over not taking a picture with you guys. :(