Botcon Sweeps?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShadowStitch, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Okay, so I see a lot of people talking about the Botcon Sweeps, but I haven't really seen any PICTURES of them....are they different from Scourge in any way? Less paint? Unchanged head? Anything? Or is it just like getting three extra of the same figure for army building?

Anyone have any pics they can post, or direct me towards?

This is just out of morbid curiosity, mind you. There's no way I can afford even one Sweep, much less plurals.

EDIT: Figures, the minute I actually post the question I FINALLY find some pics.... But if it's a Limited Edition of 1000 sets of three, wouldn't that make it...3000?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
  3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's 1000 Sweep 2, 1000 Sweep 7, and 1000 Sweep 11. :D 

I think people are just caught up by the hype of sweep army building right now. I own 3 acid storms and was planning on buying 2-6 henkei cyclonus at Botcon but could never find them cheaper then $28. Guess I'll have to use the Henkei Cyclonus as the main and my three Classics Cyclonus as sweeps. Go figure that the botcon sweeps are hitting $75/sweep right now. One sweep seems so lonely. You'd need at least two to go with the $150 scourge.

4. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I personally like the Sweep color scheme better then one on scourge. I have two sets of them currently to be minions of scourge :) . Now i just gotta get a few more of the cyclonus mold.

5. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Hmm, I agree with you. I like the Sweeps colors better than the Scourge colors. Though I think they would all have been better with translucent BLUE parts instead of red OR yellow.

Maybe someday people will split up the Sweeps sets and sell them cheaper individually. After all, I've acquired a few older, loose, individual botcon pieces that struck my fancy for reasonably cheap, because they were plentiful or less popular, I suppose. I'll never be able to afford a Botcon Ratchet, but I love the Strongarm mold so I picked up a loose Fallback(Outback) for about 20$... But anyways, that much is all wishful thinking.

Thanks for the gallery links! Consider my curiosity sated. for now.

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I get that the Sweeps have different names/numbers, but I presume they are physically identical? I can't tell from the linked gallery.

7. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Yea they all look the same.

8. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

In plane mode, Sweeps looks like Thunderwing.