Botcon Swap Meet Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragon516, Jan 16, 2009.

1. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know if this is the right place for this question but I will try it here any ways. Is there some sort of swap meet at Botcon that people bring stuff for trade? I might actually be able to go this year and wondered if it was worth bringing stuff along. Just wanted to know.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Yep Megamus and Gen1fan have a parts party where you bring stuff to trade and sell.

3. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely worth bringing stuff. The parts party is always fun.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It certainly was last year. I'll be back this year, and hopefully with a bit more money!

5. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    That is why I am saving for.

6. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

i've got a couple extra headmasters and power masters i'd like to trade for the few i'm missing (the heads and guns, not the big bots)

7. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    think this should go in the Conventions/local meets section. But to answer your question more thoroughly, Yes there is a swap meet.

I dont know if this is the case for previous botcons, since I have only been to 2008 botcon. But at the Cincinnati botcon there was a physical bulletin/cork board in the lobby of the hotel. Guys like Megamus and Gen1Fan write down on a piece of paper what they have for trade/want/sell and pin it on the board. Some people put down a cell number or int he case of Megamus and Gen1fan they put a time and their hotel room number. Yeah thier parts party is fun. tons of boxes to dig thru and what not.

Technically I think it is against botcon policy to sell on site of botcon? im not too sure of this. So the parts "exchange" and such happens on friday night and is the only night it is allowed so it doesnt compete or conflict with the dealers. of course people still put up post-it notes of what they have like people try to sell their botcon exclusives immediately.

8. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, I've traded to BBTS on 3 occasions for a few Henkei figures, MP-04 & Stealth BB

9. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet. Thanks for the information. So BBTS shows up also with inventory to trade for stuff? Thanks a bunch of guys.

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, it's encouraged. That's the whole reason they put up the bulletin board. They typically run the parts party every night starting on Wednesday night through Saturday night (of course will be down if they're at the dinner or getting food, etc).