Minor/Repaint: Botcon Supplemental 2: Combat Convoy and Rage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giga Leo, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More shelf filler to go with my Botcon set. As with a lot of my customs, I like to try to hit the characters I don’t see Hasbro getting around to anytime soon, if at all.
    First up, Combat Convoy, based on the recolor of Hero Prime that never saw a mass release. I thought the colors would work really well on the Classics Prime mold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up; Stormtrooper leader Rage.
    Rage was a simple repaint, though I did try to replicate his original face. I need to get my hands on a G2 con decal for his hood and a script ‘Transformers’ decal to stick on to the back part of the car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I’d like to customize the other Stormtroopers as more car molds become available, we’ll see how Jazz and Tracks mind becoming Decepticon repaints.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Forgot to note, Rage actually appears in the TFCC’s story ‘Flames of yesterday’. I need to read that at some point.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nice.

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Nice, liking Rage's new face. those other repaints look awesome too. How goes Leader Megatron, love his purple, are you going to put black camo on him?

4. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you!

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! The G2 Ramjet and Jetstorm didn't quite come out the way I'd hoped, but it made me more stoked for the Ramjet we'll be getting from TFCC :)  Megatron's coming along, I've added the chamo marks and touched up some of the other color details. Now I just need to sculpt a new head over the existing one.

5. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Ha HA! I love this!!! Your G2 repaints are superb and true to the original toys. Sir, this is very very impressive and that group shot is just icing on this super cake. Well done, I like your thinking and your execution. I also can't help thinking that you've been talking to D/L while you've been painting these.....:p 

6. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I love G2 customs :) 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These all look VERY nice and I love the concepts on each one! I'd humbly suggest adding some [small?] stripes on the Convoy, with maybe a white and red. The missiles on the G2 bot would allow for this allusion to the base bot and it would break up the monochromatic scheme just a bit. I think I'd like to see you pull out some of those details (just a few at least) on him as well, again to break up some of the colors ever so slightly.

Man, these are just oozing with WIN, though . . . VERY well done :thumb 

8. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you! I've been trying to keep the colors as spot on as possible, though I really do need to snag some decals to give them a more finished look.
    I definitely tend to talk DL's ear off when I get an idea or theme in my head (I'd been chattering about this cluster of customs since before Botcon :) ) We usually approach the base figure selection from different angles, so I like checking to see who he'd use as oppose who I'd use to create a specific character. I don't think we'll ever agree on who would make the best base for Runamuck and Runabout :wink: 

Me too! So much so that I've got about 5 or six more in the works!

Thanks Supersquad! I appreciate the feedback, and will be digibashing some of the color changes you suggested to see how they'd look. It definitely makes sense to break up the colors a bit, I think the 'block of blue' look of the original may have been part of the reason why this particular recolor never had a mass release.

9. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Glad to see you post 'em here. I love Rage especially!

Interesting that Solrac333 could see my influence-fingerprints on these :lol 

New car molds are gonna be SUCH a blessing!!!

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Great job

11. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Where's Solrac333 in all this?! :mad 

12. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

some of the execution needs work, paint smooth in some areas vs others, uneven sculpting...BUT!!!! I love it and am glad you are tackling these figures and working out the ideas! overall, rad, keep it up please, wanna see more g2 and random figs! :D 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was wondering the very same thing myself.

14. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No influence on these particular customs, but Turbofire will be a direct result of your keen eye for molds ;) 
    I’m glad you like Rage! He’s currently squaring off against Rapido on my shelves, which for some odd reason amuses me to no end.

Many thanks!

I’m sure it was just a slip of the keyboard, I think he meant to type lotussouljah :) 

Thanks for the kind words Mr_Soundwave! I agree, my customizing itself is kind of a work in progress, there’s still a lot of things I would like to get a better handle on. I’m a big fan of ‘practice makes perfect… eventually.’ More G2 goodies and random bots to come!