Botcon Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by galvascream, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    There's still plenty of Universe toys left to use. Even if they do have to go with the likes of Deluxe Tankor.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe molds left. Hound. Ironhide/Ratchet. Octane. Astrotrain. Cheetor. Dinobot. All the Legends. Most of the Classics Minicons. Powerglide. Silverbolt. Megatron. Hot Shot (US).

Let's assumed that the attendee freebie is Prowl/Rapido. They still have 3-7 more molds that have to be used for this year's attendee sets. It's unclear if Megatron is an option and the Hot Shot Henkei version is already being used for Dion plus they probably already know what the next two year's incentive figures are. It's going to be either a very big ultra or very small minicon/legend set if they retire the Unicron molds.

Right now the belief is that they are limited in the use of the animated molds because of Cartoon Network. We'll see next year or maybe in the generations line if that is true or not.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It really bothered me that young Kup was a recognizable Dodge Magnum, but you're right to point out that FunPub rarely seems to take such things into consideration. And based on Sky-Byte's already mysterious inclusion in the story, it wouldn't surprise me if they used Energon Sharkticon.

Heh heh... yeah... Sorry, but I hope the opposite. I didn't like that SG Megatron went from a nice big Ultra-class super-powered alien jet to a Voyager-class Earth helicopter. But they did make SG Cyclonus after he first appeared in the comics, so precedent is on your side...

Ah, interesting. Someone could just ask them at Botcon...