Botcon speculation: Any announcements that you hope for

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, May 30, 2011.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Yeah, I know this was already done before, but with Botcon really soon (I think this weekend) are there any announcements figure wise you hope for?

Mine are
    TF Prime full line reveal (showing the first wave deluxes as well as Voyagers and hopefully Ratchet)

Generations status: Done for good in favor of Prime, or returning next Spring. Other size classes, to use larger scale characters (Omega Supreme, Devastator, Fort Max), maybe a reissue of the figures that where lost in the release schedule (looking at you, Grapple)

Original 13: Will we actually see figures for them in the near future

Any chances of some Unreleased figures being made someday? (Generations Cosmos, Arcee, Shockwave, Blitzwing, a actual figure for Hyperdrive and Big Bang)

2. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

More Generations! Specifically either Generations Beast Wars or a rerelease of the Beast War line!

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    This and MP version of TF HoF member BW Dinobot.

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    TF: Prime toys released the day after Botcon, Generations Devastator along with the rest of the unreleased redecos to round off the line, and super-accurate Cyberverse figures for eery DOTM character.
    Back to reality:
    I hope to see more Prime toys as well as hear that the release date'sbeen pushed up to August (like last year when Generations came out). That's about it.

By the way, does anyone know when the display cases with new stuff go up? I believe the Hasbro booth is Friday or Saturday, but I can't remember when they put out new toys in the cases.

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Same here.

Same here, though I don't care about other sizes. Deluxe/voyager/scout is still fine with me. I have always viewed the Ultra and Leader sizes with suspicion. they're not always good, and there's never many of them. I'd be OK if they stuck to deluxe.

*shrug* Have they even named all 13? What style would they be? Probably not nearly enough mainstream interest for it to ever happen. Not enough insterest from me at any rate....

It gets asked every year, always gets the same vague answer. If it never got past prototype, then probably not. If it ran out of space in the release pipeline, then maybe, but there's never a clear answer. This is why I gave up speculating about a US MP Thundercracker a long time ago.

And oddly enough, the only other thing I really care about is confirmation of a deluxe DoTM Skywarp. It's been a long time since Hasbro actually did the 3 core seekers at once without resorting to spreading them across lines or doing store exclusives separated by a decent amount of time. Just once, let's have all three in one mold and one line.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

More TF: Prime and DOTM stuff. I'd like to see new toy reveals on both lines, because some of my favorite designs haven't yet been revealed to have toys (Prime's Knock Out, DOTM's Soundwave and Mirage, etc...).

Any new toys are a plus in my book :D 

7. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Likewise. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T show off some Prime figures.

I too want to hear about the status of Generations and also the status of all those alternate heads we saw in the instructions. How many are there that we know about?

8. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pictures of:

Human Alliance Soundwave
    And the rest of the 2011 DOTM lineup
    More Prime Toys

I hope to personally get an HA Topspin namedrop, as well as figures for Wheeljack, Mirage and more HA Basics.

I'm hoping that we get some clarification, and a potential announcement for release of the Waves of RTS stuff that never made it to proper U.S retail. (Windcharger, Frumble, Lugnut and the like).

I hope we get an announcement on when MP Rodimus will hit shelves, for how much, and potentially a tease at MP10.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Hasbro Rep: "Yeah, sorry about the stores not picking up Generations. We'll slide them into the DotM line for you all."

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    More mainline Human Alliance is what I'm really dying to see.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    A definitive answer to whether Generations is indeed ending or continuing alongside the movie is all I really want to know about. My hopes are low since we havent seen or heard about any new product but Has/Tak seems to be keeping a tighter lid on things lately.

12. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

G1 reissues!

13. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

More Generations and many more Alternators!!!!

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Now that is reaching.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/408061-botcon-dreams.html
    More would certainly be nice, but the above is all I'm really hoping for.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a feeling that we'll see a bunch of upcoming movie toys... and the same Prime toys we saw at Toy Fair.

Then the "no photos" panels will show pics of more movie toys and more Prime toys that we haven't seen already.

I really doubt, unless something surprising happens (like when we saw Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Octane for Classics 2.0), we'll see any new Universe toys. We'll probably see a few Generations/RTS remolds into movie toys, though.

17. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I personally am hoping for Generations Scout sized Gears, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Huffer, and Bumblebee to make the size difference even closer to scale with the leader and deluxe sizes. Also Deluxe size Trailbreaker to finish off the original series ark crew...

18. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Prime figs. Generations repaints. Perhaps a few nuggets. US Hasbro MP Rodimus.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My guess too, though I'll add the likely idea that most RTS/Generations re-mold/color/paints as "movie toys" will also be store exclusives of various types.

I guess I'd like to know if Hasbro has any plans for the MP Convoy re-do. My assumption would be "no plans at this time", but watch out when the 30th anniversary rolls around.

20. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I can dream!!!!!!!