Botcon slicer sticker problem...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SCORPONOK80, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SCORPONOK80

SCORPONOK80 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have completed my draft version of Tracks but I appear to have a problem with the stickers they didn't come out right. see photo

I got transparent stickers to prevent white lines, do i neet white sticker sheets?

I don't want to paint them or anything.

Attached Files:

2. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    i think it looks good
    but if you still dont like it, just cut the clear part
    thats it

3. SCORPONOK80

The problem is the Red sticker is see through and I wanted it to be more of a solid red colur and more higher quality.

Should I try PHotoshop or Fireworks i can use as well.

regards

Scorponok.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    clear/transparent deckles will show the color from underneath. put a yellow sicker over red surface, you'll get orange.
    you'd need white/opaque stickers to avoid this. Either trim to the edge, or float the graphics on a blue (or whatever color of the surface) that matches.

5. SCORPONOK80

Ok I will attempt this tommorow i Just need to get some more decent ink cartridges for the printer. I do want to use stickers to make it more G1 in appearance also i don't think I can spray paint straight lines as i am new to painting.

Will also look at the tutorials.

6. SCORPONOK80

I messed up my spray paint really bad and also decided to gas my room... I need to start again completely from scratch. I will definetely use stickers as Spray painting is too hard for me at the moment.

Also how do you remove paint from clear parts? Do i use automative Castrol Super Clean? will that work?

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    While this is a project, simply asking for a problem solution is better suited for Creative General Discussion, so here we are.

8. SCORPONOK80

Good, I have completed the back portion and wings of my figure now, added wheeljacks wings painted gold, modified tracks added a black bumper + silver exhaust ports and finally wheeljacks spoiler now painted black. I have finally got ink for the printer so will attempt the stickers again tonight.

In regards to spray painting i had to repaint the hood of tracks again unfortunately some go on the clear parts, will these be removed using wet sandpaper and how long should i leave it for? all of my parts were painted using Tamiya paints only, I prefer them over warhammer as they are 1/2 the price and in better supply.

Personally I really enjoyed myself making this figure especially the head + arms and redesigned shotgun. I will post a photo once it is completed.

9. SCORPONOK80

my link
    Index of /transformers

My next great hurdle is doing the stickers, no matter what i do they never come out right #i have white labels and am going to get some more sorted out.