Botcon Sideswipe/ Ball joint HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Destron23, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Wow, second time I post a problem on here within a week. Anyways, I just got an Animated Toxitron and Sideswipe today. As soon as I started Sideswipe's transformation, his left arm totally popped out off its ball joint. I've run into this many times before with the mold so I thought nothing of it. I tried to place the arm back on the ball joint, but it just wouldn't go in. It would not pop into place at all, it was almost as if the ball joint was too large, or the socket, too smalll. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had this pronlem and knew of a way to fix it. Currently I have him on my shelf with his arm off because it simply won't go back on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: It seems to me now that the socket is the problem. :(  I took the other arm and it popped on the ball joint just fine. Here are some pics, not sure if they help at all though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

If i recall thats the Rodimus mold. I had a problem with the ball joints on my Rodimus popping off and taking some real force to get back on. I would say try more force as long is it does not truly feel like breaking is imminent.

3. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Believe me, I've tried. I've gone to the point where I almost started to think that something would snap. It just keeps popping out of the socket. I even tried to unscrew the shoulder to see if something could be done by doing so, but nothing came out of it.

4. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

I wonder if it's actually the case of the ball joint being too small instead of too large?

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Try heating it with a blowdryer or immerse the ball joint [not the socket] in boiling water.

--not a sarcasm post--

6. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

It seems to me now that the socket is the problem. :(  I took the other arm and it popped on the ball joint just fine. Here are some pics, not sure if they help at all though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

I figured out a solution, but it will cost unfortunately (though not as much as rebuying a Sideswipe). I checked my Rodimus Minor and fortunately enough the socket is the exact same colour. All I have to do is replace one socket with the other and it'll work fine (I tried this out just to see if it would work). I just need to get another Rodimus Minor as to not ruin my actual one. If anyone is selling him for a good price, I'd really like to know. This picture shows the socket in the middle (if someone would willingly send that, that would be even better lol).

[​IMG]