Botcon Set of 25 from 1995-2004 For Sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by figureguy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. figureguy

figureguy Well-Known Member

I am a long time Transfan. My wife is having surgery at the end of the month, and will be out of work for some time. I have to sacrifice a bit of my collection for hospital costs, and I am currently running an ebay auction for every Botcon/Otfcc exclusive from 1995-2004. The link to the auction is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180156954732&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

I will sacrifice what I have for my family. If you would take a look at the auction, check my feedback, if anyone is interested I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

2. figureguy

The auction ended without a winner, so I relisted it at $500 less than when the original auction started. I was really surprised, I thought for the price it would have gone. It's now Buy It Now for $1400, so if someone would take a peek and a buy that would really be great, as my wife goes out of work on Sept. 25 Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180159330069&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

Here's the link if that one doesn't work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180159330069&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    In all honsety Figureguy, I don't know anyone who needs ALL of them...I'm sure you'd probably be much better off selling them individually. Sure it's not as convenient, but I'm betting you'll get more bites :) 

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Agreed, it might be better and faster if you do it that way. Not for you but more people will buy that way.

5. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The funny thing is, I bet if you listed it at $1 it would probably have reached around what you wanted before, if not, at least your current asking price. I find big buy it now price tags scare buyers off.

~X

6. figureguy

The reason I'm selling it all at once is, with the surgery coming up on the 25th, I have had to spend a lot of time helping and taking care of the wife, I don't really have the time to track and ship each auction individually. Also, this is my pride and joy, I built this collection up from my first Botcon figure. I had to hunt all over the net, stores, ebay, etc. to complete this collection. I am also selling it as a whole to get rid of it in one shot. It's one thing to know that you have to do something for the right reasons, but to watch each individual figure go one at a time would be very difficult and heartbreaking for me. Not to sound selfish, as is why I'm selling it, but why I kind of NEED to sell it all at once. It might have gotten where I wanted if I started at a $1, but I figured at a good price it might go. I was kind of surprised it didn't. If it doesn't sell through this time, I might start it at a $1 with a reserve, but from my ebay experience, even cheap items with reserves tend to scare some bidders off.

Thanks for all your input everyone, I do appreciate it very much.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It may help to have some decent pics, too. Those are pretty blurry and small.

8. figureguy

Heh, yeh, pics. The problem is that we got Windows Vista a couple of months ago, and I am having a heck of a time getting our digital camera to work with Vista. I went to the company's website, and they are in the process of creating a Vista Driver, and should have it 'soon'. We had a regular 35mm camera with only a few shots left on it, and it's a pretty crappy camera. Well, I took about 10 shots of the toys, and the 3 pics I posted were the best I could get out of the 10. It would be easy just to get a new dig. camera, but the whole point of all this is to save what I can.

Also, the wife is very supportive and interested in my TFs, and she doesn't know I plan on selling the collection. The other reason I'm trying to move it as a whole is if she notices them missing one by one, then she'll try and put the whole kibash on it. I know it would upset her to have me selling the collection, so I am trying to just get it out all at once. I offered in the past to sell some toys, and she was adamant 'NO'. She said it's my hobby, my toys, and she wants me to be able to enjoy it for a lifetime. However, at this moment, she is my life, and the sacrifice needs to get made.

9. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Sounds like your wife is very understanding of your hobby. If I was in the same situation, I would sell everything in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you figureguy. Hope everything works out.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed, and good luck with your sales.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    That's great you're supporting you wife, man, I'm sure she will know how much you care.

If it's any help, the best way to go is listing it even as a lot: $1 and no reserve. You'll get more bidders, more watchers, interest, etc.

Good luck!

12. figureguy

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    What happened to the Arcee auction?

14. figureguy

I had left off international shipping by accident, so I had to cancel the auction and relist. The link now reflects the current auctions.