Botcon Scourge, Is he worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragon516, Jun 11, 2009.

1. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The initial response to this figure when it was first previewed was mixed. Most people were saying that the Energon Mirage mold was probably best for Scourge and not this mold. But now that the set has been released, it is obviously the most sought after piece in the whole box set. Going for roughly 150 bucks, is this worth it. I am just also wondering if the hype around the toy is because that you can actually buy sweeps to go along with it to fill out your classics line. I think that may be the biggest draw it has going for itself is the sweeps and a new head. Going with the smaller mold and not the Energon Mirage mold probably gave FP the flexibility to do the Sweeps too as a voyager size set of Sweeps would be too costly. What do you guys think about the value of Scourge?

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Don't taze me, but I think the Titanium Scourge is juuuust fine for Scourge and his Sweeps to fit in with the Classics. If for nothing else, the awesome shell-formed alt mode.

That, and I don't like the Sideways mold very much other than for Ratbat... barely.

3. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

i dont know what the big deal about these botcon figs is, i dont really care for them much, they are alright but to me they arent worth the money, the only one i want is banzi-tron but he is just a repaint of energon mirage, so i dont know, im hoping these will drop in price a bit. im new to collecting TF's though so what do i know.

4. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am just glad I got them in my set, LOL. I would have really wanted them otherwise and probably resort to these prices. I don't know if he is worth $150 (or the $200 I have seen him reach), but him and his sweeps do display very nicely;) 

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    No.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get the Titanium version. You'll be able to find it cheaper and it's far more accurate to the original version.

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping for an original mold in the Universe line when it's revived. I'd buy at least 3 of them.

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I think he's worth it. He looks quite good next to Henkei/Classics Cyclonus.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The Sweeps and Scourge have really grown on me. I think they look terrific with Galvatron, and the Mirage mold would have been too big. Besides, homages can't ALWAYS be about the alt-mode.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I, too, was meh at first. But since I have him and the Sweeps, they have grown on me as well. I like them and have decided to keep them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

As far as dollar amount goes, they probably are worth it. They fill a space in the Classics/Uni collection as completing the '86 Trio and just simply bringing more Decepticons to the show.

But I don't like the mold. At all.

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    If you ask me, Scourge & his minions are worth every single dime! :tongue: 

This Sideways mold is easily one of the BEST out there for Energon/Galaxy Force series. May I add that every reincarnation of this mold (Sideways, Ratbat Scourge & Sweeps) is a sell-out so you can gauge for yourself about just how popular these are. ;) 

13. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I think the Botcon incarnation of Scourge is fantastic! His head sculpt is great, and with the Sideways mold, he looks menacing in either bot or alt mode... the kind of 'con that looks like he'd hunt down Autobots.

Easily replaced clunky Titanium Scourge on my Classics shelf... and he looks great posing threateningly with Galvatron and Cyclonus for the hat trick!

[​IMG]

14. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think he and the Sweeps look awesome and those are the only figs I wnat from the set but I can't aford them.
    I heard you could attach the wings to his back and let him look more like his G1 self?

15. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DO WANT. Those are the sex.

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Now, I'll be all over the moon if the Makers came out with Targetmaster Fracus! (Something like TFU Cyclonus there.) :jawdropper: 

I heard from one of the guys here that this "plan" is now "in operation." I mean the guy's doing a CUSTOM gun-like weapon for Scourge.

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up a sweep all by him self for $50 and he is going to be my scourge. I dont think the color difference is that pic a deal. The head does look much better in person. No way is he worth what he is going for right now though

18. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

due to the bad economy, scourge isn't worth it unless u r a diehard toy collector...

if i had $150 to waste, i do it on a Perfect Class Gundam Model Kit, Macross Frontier Model Kit, or one of the Masterpiece toys...

19. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Interestingly enough, because I was clever enough to buy the thing directly from the source, I got him for the low low price of $59.

All that savings allows me to smoke more cigars wrapped in $100 bills.

Now, throw another BotCon Thundercracker on the fire, it's getting chilly in here.

20. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I think if you dont pay scalper prices then yeah it is worth it. I never had a sideways mold before and now I really like this mold. Not enough to go and buy other versions like Ratbat. But I like it a lot.