BotCon schedule issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Hi Q, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Just some things past Botcon goers can probably answer. Well, maybe not everything, but anyway.

The schedule it too packed, too much is happening at the same time. However, the guests seem to have multiple panels. Does that mean different things happen at each panel, or is it just to spread it out. As in, visit one David Kaye panel for example, and you don't need to visit his other panels?

The schedule lists an awards cocktail party (whatever that means) and an awards party concert, but not an awards dinner. Any guesses, does this basicly mean get your own dinner first?

I'm actually thinking about considering getting in line for an autograph or two... but mostly I really can't say I see the point. Anyone care to enlighten me on the appeal of an autograph? And what kind of thing to bring to have autographed?

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm on the topic of autographs... it's fun if it's someone you've always wanted to me... it's not necessarily just "hi autograph this for me" it becomes "Hi I've always loved your work. Can I get a picture with you? Thanks you rock".

It's especially fun when the line is shorter (Which unfortunetly won't happen with Cullen) and you get to talk to the VA's without being rushed. I got to do that last year with the BW VA's and talk to them a little. It's a lot of fun.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The VA panels are all usually the same bit at the start, with a lengthy audience Q&A afterwards.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm just glad there is a break between panels and autographs. :lol 

5. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    So basicly I can just skip autograph lines because I don't do things like "always wanted to meet" or "want to have a small talk with"...

The panels, that's clearly going to be tricky.

6. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure... I mean there's announcements in the dealer's room that the autographs will be ending soon and so on so you'll have a chance but you'll be busy. Trust me time flies.

7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Based on last year, I recommend going to the first autograph session for popular folks like Cullen. The second one, being more in the middle of the day, will tend to have more people, and therefore run longer.

8. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I'll miss whatever panel is running just to meet peter cullen. I'll even miss getting in the dealer room early for a deal or two to meet him. toys i can get off e-bay anyday, meeting mr cullen( for me anyway) only happens this once.

and as an autograph collector too, it will be a treasured signature. right up there with my Kate Beckinsale.

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah Cullen is a great guy. I talked to him a bit before his panel at 04. Simon Furman is also some that is great to talk to. I think I talked to him for at least 20 min in 02.

10. cushman

cushman Well-Known Member

What Does Brian Mean By People With A Badge

11. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Package holders. Primus, Protoform & Minicon...