Botcon Rumors?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragon516, Jun 14, 2011.

1. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean to post this thread after Botcon was over but never got around to it. Anybody pick up any cool rumours while out at Botcon? We obviously got to see the colored bugs from FP. The heartmaster prototype and the G2 optimus prime trailer. Anything else?

Where here is my contribution to this rumour thread just in case it hasn't been said yet. I talked to the FP guy that goes to Botcon and he said the next planned combiner is ..... Menasor. Take it for what it is worth. Don't know if this was floating around here on the boards yet but thought I throw it out there. This would be five complete new molds to form Menasor. Does not use any pre-existing molds for it. No pictures or prototypes were shown. Just that the idea is for the next combine mold to be Menasor. Here's hoping it is coming soon.

EDIT: (added compiled rumours from the thread)

List of rumours compiled from posts:

Official Product:

1) Generations Arcee possibility (Source: Anguirus)

3rd Party Product:

1) FP new design set with 5 new molds to make classic type Menasor (Crossfire 3?) (Source: Dragon516)
    2) Add on set for Animated Botcon 2011 set to make Animated Menasor (Source: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-party-animated-stunticons-menasor-addon.html)

Next Botcon location:
    1) Pasadena again!? (Source: Dragon516)

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ That rumour would be awesome if it turns out to be true, but FansProject have got a few figures to get through first, like the other 2 Insecticons, the G2 Prime trailer and the rest of the Causality figures (what happened to that ice age combiner?). I doubt we'll be seeing anything totally new for a while, but it would be nice to be wrong.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I really hope so!

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Wonder if they're going to use the Animated Stunticons for that :p 

5. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard a rumor that someone (not fansproject) was working on a trailer for animated Motormaster from the boxset that would have add-on parts to combine the set into Menasor. That's the best I got :p 

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That speculation (combiner parts) has been out since they were announced. Has anything surfaced since initial speculation?

7. dragon516

News Credits:
    Yeah, like Thundershot, I am wondering about this too. Did you hear this at Botcon from a customizer or was it hearsay from what was floating around on these boards. Oh wells here's hoping there is actually something like this working itself out.

In the meantime I am really excited that there might be a FP Menasor in the works. I know they have lots on their plate as someone has suggested here but it seems that most of the things that they showed are already in prototype stage and that they are currently working on Menasor and not the ice age combiners. Wondering if the talked about crossfire 3 is going to be Menasor.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Well based on the other thread, looks like it'll be animated Stunticons :) 

9. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    C'mon, original combiner! Rwar!

10. dragon516

News Credits:
    Mmmm... I think there might be an animated stunticon add on coming out from some customizers but since I heard this from the FP guy who showed me the heartmaster and bugs stuff before TFSource put theirs out, I am leaning to believe what he said would be true. But I guess time would tell.

11. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Menasor would be awesome. Hopefully Defensor and Predaking are also considerations in the future.

To me, combiners seem the next logical step for 3rd Party companies after the minibots since the fandom craves modern versions of their G1 pioneers. I wouldn't complain about a Voyager Galvatron or Shockwave either.

12. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were talking about this rumor in another thread. I personally would take it with a grain of salt, if the current rumors prove to be true (an add-on for 2011 Motormaster). Too few people own motor masters, and too few people collect the animated line to appeal to many people the same way the protector armor or even city commander did. We will see.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Any uh... Hasbro or Takara rumors?

Like if Generations was supposed to have been distributed alongside DotM, then what figures were supposed to have been released? New mold figures, retools/redecoes, etc.?

Does Takara have anything planned after United?

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    it was said it was supposed to continue but it would have been nice to hear some rumors about some new molds

interested about the fansproject rumor though

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ We got a hint from official sources about an Arcee in connection with Generations. For real this time. Still, just a hint.

16. dragon516

News Credits:
    I guess we are looking at on the order of 2000 sets of these made. So there is a limited number out there, but that is 2000 sets that can potentially be sold. I am talking about just the 2011 Botcon set here. I don't know if the runs for the other third party stuff is even really that high so 2000 may be a good enough number. And I think this may not be a big time third party group but may be a garage kit group. Just thinking though no concrete evidence or rumours.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ony rumor i want to know about is WHERE the next one will be

18. dragon516

News Credits:
    There were rumours that Hasbro is forcing FP's hand to keep Botcon at Pasadena for a prolong period of time. Hasbro sees Botcon as a marketing mechanism for its product and Hasbro is in souther California. The rumour is that Hasbro wants to see Botcon always at Pasadena like the SDCC and such. Just rumour but in the questionnaire a question was asked if people would like to see Botcon always at the same location ( i.e. Pasadena). More flames for the fire on this rumour mill.

19. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fuck that!

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Umm...

Hasbro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia