Botcon questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Hollywood Hoist, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few questions for people who have done Botcon before.

1) In regards to the sales room experience preview, are you able to buy stuff then, or is it just a look around and see what you might want to buy?

2) How early is a good time to get in line to attend a panel such as the Hasbro future products and still get a seat?

3) How early to line up to get autographs?

4) Is there a possibility to line up for autographs, wait and have the artist/performer leave due to the time being up? Or is it a case of they have someone end the line and they finish signing for whoever is in line?

5) For the parts party, is there annoucements at the con as I will not have internet access?

6) I know a lot of people take pictures of products and what not and most people have the point and click digital cameras. I have had a few instances where people wouldn't let me use my camera as it is a "professionals" camera. I pretty much have a digital SLR with extra lenses and a huge flash. I'm hoping to get some pics of the new stuff and I'd be more than happy to let who ever deals with the gallery stuff on this board upload them.

7) For the autograph sessions is it a one item limit or can you bring up more than one?

8) What about getting pictures with the people signing autographs? Is there enough time or will everyone waiting get pissed (angry for those living in England) ?

I think that's enough questions for now. I'm just trying to have a good idea of what to expect so I don't bring too much stuff and/or annoy people cause I don't know the drill. Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the con.

Thank you

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Preview night is just a fancy way of saying "Pre-registers only" night at the dealer room. You will be able to purchase things. At least, you've always been able to before.

You can still get a good seat (if you're by yourself) waiting 15 minutes before the panel. But last year people lined up right after previous panels, or worse yet, didn't even leave the panel room. That kind of sucked.

For Cullen? What time does the hotel start letting people in? :)  Seriously. As early as you can.

Yes. However, with Cullen, and I hate to say this because watch this year be the exception, he always stayed until the line was done. They may stop letting people in line, but usually he stayed to get everyone's autographs.

Just check the board before you go. Then, usually in the announcement board, people will put something up about it. The announcement board is usually in the lobby.

You should be fine. I've never seen anyone at BotCon go "Sorry, you can't use this type of camera". There are things they won't let you take pictures of, and that will be at the Future Products panel by Hasbro. And possibly Movie stuff.

Unknown. Last year it was two.

Don't remember the rule, I think if you went fast enough they didn't care.

Hope that helps :) 

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Answering ones I can:

1) The room is open normally, but just for the preregisterd guests. As a dealer, I like it because it spreads out the "rush".

5) There will be a bulletin board set up for this.

7) I think autograph sessions are 2 items.

8) I think it depends on the line and who. Cullen they ask not because the line is just WAY too long for that.

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I can't wait for this con. See you there.

5. jamz

jamz Repaint! Repaint! Repaint TFW2005 Supporter

Saturday dinner

Are ties the norm?
    Jackets and ties?
    or just nice buttondown shirts and dress pants?

Also assigned seats or sit anywhere?

I wouldn't want to be under/overdressed.

6. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    to your questions.
    1 yes u can buy but some dealer will no move off there price due to the fact it's the 1st day

3 the early the better, line will be long for cullen

5 look in the hotel lobby people will post what room they are in want what time to get in toch with them

7 yes there will be a limit on how many item they can sign

7. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

You'll see a wide variety, but button-down shirt and pants it the norm.

They haven't released much more on it, but if it still is a dinner, it's pretty much sit anywhere...

8. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'm not really sure just what to do about this one. With it not being the "dinner" that is has in the past, will it be the ususal "dress" attire, or more casual? Thoughts?