Botcon Question, When sould I go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by aprim, May 31, 2007.

1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to know which day I should goto Botcon. Me and a Friend dont have a room so we can only take the 4 hour trip for 1 full day t hen shoot home. I dont want to miss any exclusives (we have the primus package) So would showing up Sat Morn be a good Idea?

Thxs

2. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I think last year they offered the few remaining "extra" exclusives to dealers Saturday morning.

There's no telling what will happen this year.... But to have a fair chance at them, I think you need to be there on Friday.

3. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

If you are a Primus Package. Go Friday. Early.

That way you are pretty assured of getting the exclusives you want and there are many events on the Friday to attend. About the only things you'll miss out on are the Hasbro panel, the dinner/awards, and some autograph signings. The Hasbro panel is no big deal since you can hear about it afterwards online, and the others are a matter of how important they are to you.

4. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

You could get a room (I don't mean that the way it sounds... heh)

Seriously, if you are investing an 8 hour drive round-trip, it's probably worth kicking in a little extra to share a room for one night and double your enjoyment of the con....

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree.

6. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if you have a primus package you need to check in by friday morning at the latest. which starts @ 7:30 am not sure when they will stop it but, if you wait til say saturday to come up then you extra will be sold to the dealer like last year. there are people on this board looking for hotel roomies for the weekend. Come Not to be mean but lets play it safe 4hour trip plus staing up and to the con then another 4 hour trip. Spend a little extra money an get a room even if it's 30 minutes away then you can come back the other days

It hard to say what day is the best to go. it you are looking for a hard to find item then come on friday. If you more in to the chatting with people from hasbro, like writes, drawers, voice actors then saturday is the day you want. Then on Sunday will be the day to deal cause dealers will come down a little more on prices cause it either sell it or take it home. But then that just my 2 cents what the hell do I know

7. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Its not so much about the money for a room, its about the wife and kids!!
    I got a one day pass from the wife and dont want to push it..I will be there Friday Morn for sure.

Thanks!

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Very true, and at worst it'd be a bit outside of providence where there'd probably be more affordable hotels, check online and see whats feasible is what I'd recommend.