Botcon question: Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Optimal Convoy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Optimal Convoy

Optimal Convoy Well-Known Member

Just found out me and my wife are going to be able to attend Botcon, I have already emailed with some questions TFCC just waiting to hear back...but I have a few questions perhaps you guys can answer as we are driving 12 hours and want to know if it will be worth it...

1. Can I still register as a new registrant,if so how much is this, I know I wont be able to get the figures, but will I still be able to attend all of the panels, autograph, etc. & get into the dealer room early

2. Can I still go the movie screening on Thurs. night?

3. Will I still be able to get the Botcon exclusive figure Alpha Trion?

Any help at all on this will be greatly appreciated

2. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best advise I can give is...

Call them & find out.

817-448-9863

3. Optimal Convoy

Already did that, they were closed until July 5th, already left for Botcon LOL

4. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

Here is what I can tell you, but don't take it for gospel since I may not be 100% right.

1) I believe all pre-registering is done. I think if you go on Saturday you can register for early access (around $50?) or just pay the $9 for general admission.

2) Movie screening is closed. No more tickets are being sold.

3) According to FP they will sell any remaining at show exclusives to the general public sometime early on Saturday, but you will have to line up early. And as said, you will have to hope some are left by then.

5. Optimal Convoy

I just found the Botcon FAQ on botcon.com and it mentions something about the protoform package where we would get all the benefits except the figures and the dinner and on the schedule of events on Friday June 29 at 8:30AM it lists New Registrants, what is that for?

6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

All pre-registration is closed. You'll have to register at the door.

7. Optimal Convoy

ok, but I can still register as a Protoform at the door, right and get all the benefits,except figures/dinner?

8. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I'm not sure about that... Some of those benefits are things like the pre-printed badge... Things made up ahead of time... And I don't know what kind of quantities of other give-aways they'd keep on hand...

The Protoform package really doesn't seem to be worth the cost, IMHO, so I'd save the money on that and have more to do things at the con.

9. Optimal Convoy

so we should just do the General Admin on Sat. and Sun. and drive up on Friday or can we still get tickets for the Thursday showing of the movie? If so, we wont be able to do anything at all on Friday?

10. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You should be able to register the protoform package on Friday morning, and I believe, but I'm not 100%, that you can do a late registration also on Saturday morning..I remember seeing that somewhere on the website schedule.

At any rate, my plan was go to up there with a friend of mine...initially we were going to go with the Protoform package, but IMO, I don't really see the point of spending the $155 for the Protoform, when you can go up there as a gen admission entry for $10, and have access to just about the same things as Protoform. The reason I came to this decision is because I actually poised this question on our board a few months ago, and majority of the responses I got said Gen Admission vs. Protoform, depending on when I get up there, it was better for me to just go gen admission, but there is 2 sides to every story, or how you feel about it.

Now, when your registered, you are able to get into the panels...those folks can get in line first, but the gen admission people have to wait about 15 minutes before it starts before they can go in, so having said that, depending on who in the panel is there, some may be more packed than others. And I would expect things like the Hasbro and Peter Cullen panels to be pretty full. However, this year, Botcon attendance is close to about 8,000 people (according to Wikipedia anyway) , much much more than any other year from what I gather, so I think EVERYTHING is going to be more jam packed than previous years.

My plan is go up Friday night, and most likely just go for Gen Admission Sat. As it stands right now anyway, lol

Take care

11. Optimal Convoy

what about the movie tickets on Thursday night, no way at all to go?

12. Optimal Convoy

so it will be worth the 12 hour trip no matter which way I go, right? just need some convincing here guys, LOL

13. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Just go my friend. Its unlikely whichever way you end up attending, that you would be disappointed. There is still a lot of stuff to see and do, even as a general admission.

14. Optimal Convoy

ok, just made us some reservations at the Hilton for the 28th-June 1st, so looks like we are set to go and then I can decide if I am doing the package or General Admin

just worried about driving all that way and not getting into the panels

15. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you'll get into the panels don't worry that's why there's two (sometimes three) of them each. :D 

Not everyone is going to go the movie writers panel three seperate times haha

16. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

The schedule of events has a Friday, 08:30 am "NEW REGISTRANTS" in the convention center ballroom and they also have a Saturday 08:30 am "Walk-up Late Check In/Registration". You'll definetly get in.

17. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

While we're on the topic of BotCon questions. Is there some admission to the Saturday dinner or do you have to buy a ticket?

18. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    But don't you only get the convention freebie toy if you get the protoform registration, or do they also give that to walk-ins? It MIGHT be worth considering if that were the case. A little toy AND decent priority to get into the panels. Otherwise good luck getting into the Hasbro panel on Sunday.

You can't buy your way in now if you don't already. Only Primus package members and their Minicon package partners are allowed in.

19. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Thanks, forutunately I bought for the Primus package. Go big or go home is my motto.