Botcon Primus Package sold out.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by CZ Hazard, Jun 10, 2010.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    So, so gutted about this. Just registered today only to find out that the Primus sold out yesterday. I was on the phone to them yesterday awaiting tech support and no-one mentioned they were low on entrants, really upsetting.

RANT BEGINS: So I'm still going to Florida, flying from the UK so I can't whinge too much, but it means it's costing me $280 with no toys or Saturday night entertainment, as opposed to $390 for the Primus and a mini-con for my long-suffering girlfriend. You can guarantee that the toys are gonna cost me a lot more than the $110 difference to buy too. Should have just ebayed the toys instead of flying out there, it won't feel like Botcon with my proletariat ticket. RANT ENDS

To be fair, the staff on the phone were really helpful and did seem genuinely apologetic so fair play to them for keeping me from crying on the phone.

Maybe I'll at least get a news credit as consolation.

2. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe Pete said earlier that a few Primus pkg were being held back for at-show attendees? (not called Primus, but gen admission, FCFS type of thing).

And I wouldn't hold my breath on the news credit - I got an email at like 10PM EST that the packages were gone. I'm surprised it hasn't been frontpaged yet O_O

Hope to meet you, sorry you won't be able to have a "cheap" boxed set.

3. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    You may find someone at the show wanting to sell their set (even at cost) because they're paying for the trip themselves. Keep looking and good luck finding one at the show.

I had the pleasure of visiting the UK for three weeks last week so I understand how much of an undertaking it is to pay and fly over.

4. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    You may find someone at the show wanting to sell their set (even at cost) because they're paying for the trip themselves. Keep looking and good luck finding one at the show.

I had the pleasure of visiting the UK for three weeks last week so I understand how much of an undertaking it is to pay and fly over.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks. It's so hard to judge this year with the online registration mess and FP saying they made more then last year. I wonder if we're going to hear a lot of rants soon from people who mailed their order in.

I ended up adding a 2nd Primus boxset to my order to pick up a loose set for a board member. If I could transfer it to you but somehow still keep the looseset I would but I don't think Botcon/Funpub/the system is set up to do anything like that.

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Hmm, at the risk of jinxing it, it looks like I might have it sorted. Thanks for all the kind words. It seems you truly do catch more flies with honey than vinegar. See you at Botcon.

7. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Nice choice of words :thumbs2:  .... Although I usually use "the proletariat" to refer to the general admissions!

8. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

man i sat on 400 bucks since feb 1 to register for botcon almost gave up on the set

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hear ya - that $300 was burning a whole in my pocket since early March. And I almost lost the info for my room reservations, that I'm having ot cancel to avoid charges since Jan3.

10. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is the big prolem BotCon cause people each year by having several different ticket types which can confuse the hell out of everyone at the best of times. It got to be a lot easier having set ticket prices by age group and leave it at that and have the toy packages as an add-on but just limit the numbers.

We've always kept straightforward ticket prices for all our attendees - adults, children / students / senior citizens, and under 5s and those prices cover everything and full access to the convention with everything included. Anything else in terms of convention merchandise can just be purchased at the convention itself and it makes life a lot easier for everyone involved, including ourselves to be frank.

Everyone who books for Auto Assembly this year will get to see all our guests including Scott McNeil, Garry Chalk and Derrick J Wyatt and the only people who miss out on the Saturday evening with the band, script reading and music performances from Garry and Scott are our one-day attendees!

Even the non-attendees get the chance for guest autographs and sketches from the artists and all the convention exclusives and we don't set a limit on these as long as they are ordered before the convention itself!

Simon