Botcon online registration test

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Hollywood Hoist, May 1, 2010.

1. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just received an email from Transformers Collectors Club. There is a test registration.

Registration System

Here is the latest update. Even though we are in the middle of GIJoeCon right now, we have continued to work on the registration system.

In order to do the final testing, we need your help. We have posted a test event at Registration System. Please go to this site and walk through the registration system. Feel free to try variation you find. It is very complicated code but the interface is very simple. If you get a cold fusion error and the Accufind screen comes up, you don't need to send in an email as that will generate an automatic email to the programer. If you have comments or suggestions please use the email link at the bottom of the page.

You can put anything in the credit card and note that it will throw a warning that your order is not finished. This is normal as it is not processing credit cards, so don't use a real one as the secure socket is not turned on.

Please note that IN NO WAY are you registering for BotCon with this test event.

It would also help if as many people as possible could try to register at the same time so, if you can, please try at 2pm Central Time on Sunday, we would appreciate it!

Next week we will make the final corrections and put the live site up IF there are no major issues. We will not be disclosing what time, date or the url until it is up. We will send out an email and a Tweet.

One thing we do know about the classes is currently this version will allow you to pick the class both days, which we don't allow. The final version should have this corrected.

Thanks for your patience!

Brian

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, got the same thing. Guess we'll see how tomorrow goes at 2pm. There is also an additional $10 for processing fees.

3. tantrum

tantrum Northwest fan

Ebay:
    I tried the test and already saw issues, by that process you cannot goto the space center tour unless you are purchasing a botcon package but 4 yr olds are free to enter botcon yet the online form halts at what botcon package everyone is going to have. or maybe the kenedy space center tour is supposed to be free for kids although the brochure did not indicate that.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    bah my user name is gone already....

lol I can see this is going to go well

ERROR: Sorry, the page that you are trying to access has resulted in an error.

All available information about this request / transaction has been sent to AccuFind Support, and we will make the necessary corrections as soon as possible.

If you feel it is necessary to contact us regarding this error, please call 1-888-932-3371.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had the same problem. I think it is using the TCC website member database, but it wouldn't recognize my password. Since it's just a test, I ran it with a new username.

They'll definitely need to get that fixed, though. Due to using a different username, it didn't know I am a club member, and therefore didn't give me member prices.

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was really hoping we'd have been able to pre-order the attendee exclusives.

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same, I have yet to renew my club membership and I believe last years forms let you fill that out. Well I got to the end of the form this time without any issues.

8. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure the test is meant for members only, as it seems to have only been sent out to members of the Club, and it's not linked on either the Botcon or TFCC sites.

Anyways, I got through it no problems using my TFCC name and password.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Word. Do it up 3H-style so the identity of the toys remains secret. E.g., "Set 1: 1 Voyager + 1 Deluxe, $89", "Set 2: 2 Deluxes, $59", etc. For bonus points, they could have even indicated which ones have new heads.

Oh, well. I always laugh my ass off with various TFWers while standing in line for 3 hours, anyway.

EDIT: Huh. Just tried again, and my TCC username worked, including giving me member pricing for the Primus package.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  10. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    worked fine for me

11. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I am now registered for Beta Con! :rock  I did blow up the system somehow. I suspect it was the SQL injection test I attempted.

Hopefully I'll remember to try again tomorrow at 2PM.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just gave it a test on my side and forwarded a list of (mostly minor) issues. I do not know if this is the same for everyone else, but the email address at the bottom of the page we were requested to use for observations did not appear to be working.

I used the contact form on the Club site instead, hopefully that is also being checked.

It's a good system, needs a few small kinks working out and the load test tomorrow should be interesting, but the basic setup is sound.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Worked for my needs.

14. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

got through it ok......where's my toys?

15. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    ready for the real deal any idea when it might go live

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I tried doing a super-complicated "transaction" (10 people, lots of different things going on) and everything appeared to work fine for me. Heck, it even told me that I had one person registered for two different things at the same time! Seems like it's pretty close to me.

17. ciberw0lf

ciberw0lf Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problems for me

18. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far so good. Here's hoping the load test works.

I've tried to e-mail to suggest they add a field for us to provide our online names so we can have them on our badges as usual. But the mailbox the announcements came from is over quota and the link at the bottom of the pages they tell you to use just bounces back.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Worked for me and stopped at the fake credit I gave it. I really liked "Tour to a better place" :lol  What I don't like is the countdown clock.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  20. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Worked fine for me. Hope all goes well tomorrow.