Botcon hunters, report in!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by process, Jun 25, 2010.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the spirit of thenatureboywoo's "Five Questions" threads: for the non-attendees out there, what are you collecting goals for this year's Botcon?

1. Of the exclusives being offered this year, which are your must-haves?

2. What are your would-likes?

3. Where are you looking, and what strategies are you employing to obtain them?

4. Are the prices and availability for these figures what you expected?

5. How much success have you had in hunting down your must-haves?

Answer and discuss! I also encourage everyone to post links to good deals, just to help out our fellow hunters!

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And to get things rolling:

1. First and foremost, Rapido. I had the G2 version as a child, and I loved it to death. Spark, Breakdown and Scorch are also on this list; good molds and good colors.

2. Any one of the Sharkticons, if I can find them for a decent price. I've always been curious about that mold, and I really like the color scheme far more than Sky-Byte's. I also really like Double Punch's color scheme, but I don't care much for the mold. Maybe Streetstar if I can find one for sub-$50.

3. I (was) pretty much just stalk ebay and the Junkion. The prices...

4. ...on ebay are a little much for me, but I've managed to find a few good deals. (Rapido + Cindersaur for $130 shipped, 1 left) Hopefully the prices will drop after the convention ends although I'm not holding my breath; I suppose I was expecting the average price per figure to be somewhere in the $80 range instead of the $100 range I'm seeing on the 'bay.

5. Done and paid for. For the cost of the box set, I managed to get all of my must-haves and a Cindersaur by proximity. I'll still be keeping an eye out for deals on my would-likes.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. BotCon Rapido, and ONLY that.

2. Nothing is worth the prices. If someone handed me an SG Ravage maybe.

3. I have checked EBay and this site. The figure simply isn't worth $100, and really I could scarcely afford to pay half that. I'm mostly just hoping for the hype to die down on it (c'mon, people, you can't all have grown up with this toy...well there is the guy above me. D'oh.)

4. "High." And "scarce." So yes. Sigh.

5. Oh, I can find him listed in auctions, but I have to be able to look myself in the mirror tomorrow without berating myself.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    1. ...nearly the whole thing. Double Punch, Clench, Spark, Breakdown, Rapido.

2. All the rest!

3. I asked an attendee before the Con to get me a set at cost.

4. Pretty much!

5. Number 3 worked out ;) 

5. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

mmm, sneaking in a question here, so they dont accept anymore non attendee orders right now? i asked in the news forum but it got swallowed up! thanks guys

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    They stopped taking those on the 11th, and they were sold out before that point

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:

I am truly honored :) . That being said I don't go after high dollar/exclusive/convention toys much at all. But If I was to spend the money, these would be my answers.

The Pyro Repaint and I am a fan of Shattered Glass Ravage

Sorry, that's the only question I can answer. :( 

8. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

1: Clench, Scorch, Rapido, Streetstar, Spark.

2: The rest! Maybe not Cindersaur.. and maybe only one Sharkticon (to use as Overbite).

3: Ebay I guess. Well except the Iacon Package that I have orderd, but I haven't got a notice for my funpub Dion so I'm getting worried they fuck me over for that and if so that they will fuck me over for my five bot Iacon package too :(  Must think happy thoughts!

4: Havn't looked yet

5: Havn't tried yet, Im in no hurry, I get the ones I want sooner or later, maybe all of them.