Botcon hotel room hidden fees?????

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Jumpstart17, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Jumpstart17

Jumpstart17 Legacy of Bumblebee......

I'm a little confused as I'm new to going to botcon?? I have my young family members (my kiddos are 2 and 7) going with me to botcon and my hubby. I noticed on the bill/reservation they emailed me I am getting charged a extra 20 BUCKS per kiddo! IS THIS NORMAL??? I could under stand if it was 4 adult in a room (no offense) BUT MY KIDS?!! I'm sctraching my head a little.... should I contact someone at botcon because I don't think this is fair!!

2. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    no its the hotel rule i found out about this a month ago there will be 5 of us in the room all grown men and they will only know of 2 people in room every body does it and yes it bull shit i even heard they were charging to park yr cars there WTF

3. Jumpstart17

the charge for parking in dallas just about everywhere! Like I said, I could understand the charge for adults in a room (no offense) BUT A FAMILY!! WITH KIDS UNDER 10! This is supposed to be a family event why must I pay extra for my kids.... but the hotel lady said to speak with the desk on arival. so We'll see... I'm sorry our first botcon is already getting negative reviews because of this... might be calling TFCC on monday to enquire

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Don't blame Botcon for the hotel's policies, They have zero control over them and can do nothing to change the hotel's policy.

5. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dont waste your time, cause they will tell you its a hotel policy. Just like they told us when we book the hotel rooms that the hotel has a policy that they must charge 1 night ahead of time. I call the hotel and was able to talk
    to the gm and he told me that is not their policy. That their policy was any room that was cancal under the block out rate after april 1st. Fp would have to pay a 1 night fee as it would go back into the hotel inventory not the block out. So Fp would not have to pay the fee on any cancal rooms they pass the buck onto us. I don't care as my pay of the hotel bill is against my credit card. I just did not like the time as it was right after the hoildays.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Just smuggle your kids to & from the room via a pair of large suitcases. No extra charges, no extra problems.

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When you made the reservation, did you specify they were kids? If it was just put down as 4 occupants (by you or them), that may be why. Give them a call and double-check, because usually only extra adults cost more.

Charging for parking is the norm, not the exception in most hotels of the level that BotCon uses. I can't remember the last BotCon that was in a hotel that didn't charge parking fees.

8. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the hotel can be criticised for car parking charges or particular charges regarding the number of occupants that are in the rooms assuming they are hotel policies but while is is out of their control, it is Botcon's responsibility to make their attendees aware of these costs beforehand because as an event they would have known about them when they would have negotiated all of the room rates with the hotel.

For Auto Assembly 2012, the Hilton offered us reduced car parking rates for our attendees from £15 a day down to £7 a day and they set out all the room rates clearly as well so everyone attending knows exactly what they are paying well in advance of the convention. We knew what the costs were going to be once we sorted the hotel out early last year so it was vital that we passed all that information on.

9. Jumpstart17

Parking does not bother me AT ALL! In fact in the DFW area I would rather have covered charged parking and pay once a day than the alternative which is 10 bucks everytime you go in/out. I did tell them at the time of reservation the children would be with me (they asked ages even)

10. gen1fan

News Credits:
    I know for sure in 06 I was not charged, In 07,08,09 and last year 11 their were parking charges. I want to say as long as your were staying at either the swan or dolphin in 10. It was free for guest, but I cannt seam to find the hotel bill from 10. I do remember in 07 was the most out of all the locations. I was like 90 dollars.

11. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There was a charge for 2010 too.

12. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hotels charging for parking is nothing new. I travel a lot for work and it's very common all over the US.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have no problem with a la carte fees for parking and kids. It's better than jacking the rate on every room and then saying "parking and kids are free."

14. Jumpstart17

What ticks me off is the fact that if i was to walk in with me and my 2 kids and book a standard hotel room I wouldn't be charged that fee! Seems weird to me and I think that should've been disclosed to us

15. gen1fan

News Credits:
    So I was bored and thought about what some other people thought about the hyatt after they staied there. WOW... Here the link but I'm going to repost the one review

Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion - Dallas, Texas - Yahoo! Travel

We were attending a convetion at the Hyatt the weekend of 13-14 jan 2012 and all was well until some teenage male dediced to take his life and jump from the 12th floor balcony onto the 2nd floor of the lobby. Absolutely ruined my stay and I have to say that as much as I cant hold this against the hotel I still felt a little unsettled there after that hapend. The hotel was very nice though, service was good, place was clean, price was a little high but you get what you pay for here. I was unable to self park at the hotel -- couldnt find where to self park, but there was a public lot a blocak away that charges $10 for 24 hours of parking. The West End where there are multiple restaurants and etc was about a 5-7 minute walk or a $5 cab ride (pay $2 more for each person in a cab). The convention facility was huge -- probably one of the largest I have seen. Air circulation was great even with the high number of attendees for the Monavie conference. I was also surprised that they maintained the restrooms well even with the high volume of people that were there. I would highly recomment the place to anyone.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  16. gen1fan

News Credits:
    you want to talk about Hidden Charges....

Mini refrigerator 10 dollars a night.
    Add on a stunning view of the Dallas skyline for an extra 10 dollars a night
    Add a Higher Floor Location ...• Rooms located at the 16th floor or above For an extra 20 dollars a night.

17. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    i guess i will be spending more money at the hotel other than the sale floor

18. Jumpstart17

Geez... sounds like the hotel is good, just shaking the money tree a little harder though