BotCon HoF Tickets now Open to Public

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, May 26, 2011.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Nice pic you chose for the frontpage.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A nice idea for those who can't attend the whole convention. I might be willing to pay $45, if I was in the area.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for bolding that one part. Maybe people will remember they're not at their shift folding clothes at Hot Topic.

5. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well i'll be picking up ione of those :D  Thanks botcon. :) 

6. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    :lol  at :bay 
    "we don't need special effects we need real life"
    "i don't know the difference"
    "we know you don't ... get him out of here"

7. Onslaught Six

Onslaught Six Well-Known Member

That's what I came here to post about.

Screw you, Botcon. If I ever do attend, (unlikely since you always move it around the damned country instead of holding it locally so I don't have to spend a fortune to go there) I won't be attending this event until they remove that rule. Because you know what? I show up to conventions to have fun and enjoy myself. I don't show up because it's some kind of business venture.

I would actually even dress nicely and then publicly remove it as a sign of protest if I weren't so pissed at it in the first place.

Also, $45 for tickets is insane.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    While you're at it, promise not to shower.

9. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

You don't HAVE to dress nicely, they'd prefer it. People show up in t-shirts and shorts to those events.

P.S. considering your location is hell... I just don't see fun pub going that far south to have a botcon.

10. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow really? Not only do you have NIMBY rayge but you're adding a side of how dare they?

They've moved the convention every year getting decent coverage for the nation, as well as can be expected. And a polo shirt and jeans gets you to business casual. In all of my convention going I have never had the issue of a spare shirt in my luggage make the event not fun.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know huh! Every time I wear a polo and jeans without holes in them my entire Botcon experience is RUINED! I don't know why I keep going back.

/sarcasm ... it's not bad dude. Wearing a polo with nice jeans for an hour is well worth it IMO.

12. Grim Wanderer

Grim Wanderer Well-Known Member

I generally avoid the 'extra' stuff at Botcons, save for whatever big dinner function they do. It paid dividends in Providence when we got to see the first movie early, and was cool last time they did Pasadena because of the RotF preview and concert and such on the set.

But I seriously can't be a party to Bay and Speilberg being inducted into the HoF ahead of Cullen. Absolutely stupid.

13. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um, Cullen was inducted last year...

14. Grim Wanderer

Ah, so he was.

I was wrong about that, but not wrong about their induction being dumb.
    Still wouldn't pay fifty bucks for some dinner - that money could grab a good pile of toys from the dealer room.

15. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Where do you get $50 for dinner.... It's $45.... And there is NO dinner!:lol 

Seriously though, I'm going, but I'm not surprised it's not sold out. And I'm a little worried that afterwards I'm going to think I've wasted a little money. 4 years ago, $25 got us a full preview screening of TF1. This year, for almost double that, it's pretty vauge what we are getting. Most of us are just expecting no more than a clip or two of the movie like in 09. I don't think there's really a lot of value in the HOF ceremony itself, so I think there's a lot of hope there something REALLY cool in that goodie bag... If not, they are really going to have a challenge selling out future ones.

16. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think some of that money is going to renting the facility and staff for an extra evening event.

17. Grim Wanderer

They don't even feed you for 50 bucks?(I round up, sue me)

I didn't really worry about beyond the exclusives and booking a hotel this year, and I'm glad. You're right - four years ago was an AMAZING night and surprise for only 25 bucks, and I really don't think this year can compare.

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Me, too. (on all these points)
    Well, they've come right out and told us we're getting those masks. MSRP for those is, what? $10? OK. That leaves us with $35 to account for.

I'm not sure I should count "rental for the site." It's not that I question whether or not FP has to pay extra (beyond whatever they pay for the convention center in the first place). Maybe they do, maybe it's part of the deal in the first place. I don't know. What FP has to pay matters much less to me than the value I get out of it by going. So the fact that it's in a different part of the convention center is pretty much a wash as far as I'm concerned.

We get some movie snacks. Let's be generous and call that another $10 worth. Still $25 to go.

While I don't assume we'll see the whole movie, the event should be long enough that I'll count it as what I would normally pay to go see a movie, so we'll say another $10.

So far, I've generously allowed this to be a $30 event. I think we're more or less out of items of value, though. There's a poster that I don't think I'll want and probably won't be able to resell easily (unless they provide me with a cardboard tube to mail it in, which they didn't in 2009). What else?

Yeah, I'm not seeing the value in this unless there are extra heretofore unannounced special guests that I REALLY care about. I don't care about Michael Bay at all, and would NEVER willingly pay money for the privilege of seeing him in person.

But, that said, there's room for me to be pleasantly surprised. It's just that it's a struggle for me to hang on to that hope.