BotCon Hasbro panel

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by blaster master, Feb 28, 2012.

1. blaster master

blaster master Awesome

Ebay:
    All,

Several years ago, the Botcon Hasbro panel started with the statement of "we will not be taking questions regarding our discontinuation of the Animated toyline", I thoroughly suspect that Hasbro will do this again regarding the whole Transformers Prime : First Edition debacle.

I, for one, will be in attendance for the Hasbro panel. I feel that it would show Hasbro, albeit by a relatively small number of people, how we as collectors feel about this possible statement, by STAGING A WALKOUT on the panel if Hasbro chooses to not take questions on FE figures.

Who's with me?

Brad

2. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, your welcome to try it, but I don't think it will accomplish anything. They already know that the fans are upset.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd rather see what Hasbro has in store for future releases than stage a walkout for toys I can still obtain.

4. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    so u were able to get all u ever wanted without a make up and it was aways on the the pegs when u walked into a store

5. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    if u remember back in 2010 they would not take questions on the Generations line and i bet my bottom dollar Hasbro has a stock pile of FE prime figures and the only dealer selling that at a good price will be funpub look at last year on the RTS that know one could find any where oh and back in 2010 ROTF evac and red rampage was no where to be found oh but wait Funpub has them wait and see the real walk out would be during the TFCC round table when they probably wont answer questions about drift guns, over charged shipping over seas and the CC issue we all know they will avoid this

6. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, I don't want to go to Botcon to hear arguing over how bad Funpub is or why Hasbro didn't mass release the toys we wanted. None of that will change anything. It is more constructive for the fans to email them with constructive remarks and not "complaints". Asking "why things happen the way they do" is not going to make them change. I want to go to Botcon to see the potential toys and club exclusives. I am not happy with Funpub either, but until things change and someone else steps in to take over for Funpub, we are stuck with them.

Edit- Oh, and if the club store ends up having some of the FE figures for sale, I think thats a good thing. It at least shows that Hasbro is trying to please the fans.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Walk outs would prove nothing, but there are alternatives to bitching. They've said their peace, complaining won't accomplish a thing. Talk to them directly in a calm manner at their booth, don't be that fanboy with nerd rage.

8. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Takara. A little more money, absolutely. Obtainable? Yes.

9. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Didn't they mention at last years panel that First Edition was going to have a limited release? If the retailers didn't want to pick it up there's nothing Hasbro can really do.

If anything I'd be more interested in learning about how they run HTS in terms of inventory/stocking methods.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Botcon? My plan is to not walk in in the first place. There are plenty of other cons that are more deserving of our support.

11. NICKBOT

News Credits:
    Not being a smartass but let me know which ones. SDCC used to be awesome but now it's a pain in the ass to go, it's always sold out and it's a cluster fuck.

12. blaster master

blaster master Awesome

Ebay:
    @Nickbot, agreed totally.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hear great things about TFcon in Montreal, and it's a city I'd actually want to bring the whole family to see. I wasn't thinking about SDCC at all, that looks like hell on earth actually.

14. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    How about any of them run by people that DON'T allow you to be robbed blind?

15. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've heard nothing but good things from people who have attended TFCon. It might be time to make a trip to Canada.

16. NICKBOT

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have heard that people dig this show. And yeah SDCC ain't what it used to be.

LOLerskates. :lol 

Why not eh?

17. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I heard mixed reviews about the TFcon, small dealers room, and dealing with the customs forms when you come back

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  18. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Neither of those really sound like negatives to me. I think the "smallness" of the convention probably gives it a more personal and friendly feel to it and you have to deal with customs whenever you go to another country. Wouldn't stop me from goin anywhere.