botcon hasbro panel query wishlist

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by KA, Apr 1, 2007.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    (boy i hope you FP haters dont hijack this...-.-')

these are 2 topic thats been on my mind which id like hasbro to address in their panel at botcon:

- as queried in last botcon in regards to bringing in mp screamer, the potential of US release of mp megs. the thing that bugs me the most since mp3 is that, the MP line as far as takara has exhibit is inclined more towards collectors taste - intricate details at the expense of play robustness - mp prime is more kid friendly.

i have this gut feeling - if you own mp3 and after my own experience with mp5 - is that itll never be released stateside like they did with mp prime (which already has 3 variants in US packaging) because as we all know, hasbro always has the kids as priority and if it falls short of their standard - i.e. robotmasters - the toys are no-go stateside.

- whats the deal with 6" titaniums? why arent they up to normal mainline standards, they feel like theyve been sub contracted to micro machine/galoob and these guys have to suffer a bit of a learning curve.

queries on post movie aesthetic, future classics and the new cartoon are a given i guess. do you guys have any other unique/specific queries?

2. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

I think the titanium question is a good query. I do think thay are getting better wave by wave though.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly don't think that MP-05 will ever get a US release for the same reasons that TFC Megs didn't see a US release in the HCS line. Screamer's already been stated as being possible, but I'd hope that they correct the problems with the mold *archer already stated that if he comes over his colors will be show accurate*.

As far as the Titanium series goes, it's been brought up before and we got the same answer as we did when the same question was asked about the SWTF line. It's not being worked on by the main team so there is a learning curve for those working on the project. In this case, it's not even Hasbro employees that have the learning curve, but Galoob *note all the Tits figures are being released by the Galoob subsidiary*. However, I have to say that the line is only getting better with each passing wave and while WW Megs was kind of a joke of a transformation his robot mode is excellent and G1 Ultra Magnus is just all sorts of love... especially for people like me who can't stand the "white prime" = armorless magnus equation.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd definitely like to know the status of MP Starscream coming stateside. I have very little hope of megatron ever coming here, and even if it did, it would be painted like Classics Megs (I love Classics Megatron, but those bright colors wouldn;t look very good on MP-05 IMO).

As for the Titaniums...like SWTF the first wave was pure crap...but UNlink SWTF the quality has been improving with every wave like DoctorJoe said. I'd much rather hear what new Titaniums are coming down the line personally.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

To tell you the honest truth, KA, I will be very surprised if MP03 and MP05 are EVER released by Hasbro here in the U.S. And if they even do see a U.S. release, I would imagine that they'll be such wussified castrated impotent shadows of their former selves that I won't even want one. Fizzuck.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not saying it can't change, but Archer did state directly that the movie aesthetic wouldn't influence future lines.

And Titanium QC is guaranteed to be brought up.

Me, I'd want to hear about any future Alternator plans. And depending on who's there from IDW, I'd probably have some questions for them.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    True, Hasbro tends to have different priorities than Takara when it comes to TFs. Luckily for me I prefer Hasbro's approach. I tend to agree that MP Starscream and Megatron are both rather unlikely to get a western/US release, at least not without some drastic changes. Best I could come up with is some kind of special import arrangement on Hasbro Toy Shop or some other venue that would allow some bypassing of usual toy safety legislation by selling as an "adult collectible". I guess the whole orange-capped imports is more likely the closest we get.

I was under the impression that's almost exactly what was going on, and Titaniums were not done under the usual Has-Tak engineering process that pretty much all mainline items use.

I'd guess the Hasbro panel would likely show off much, if not the totality of the movie toyline, and maybe a few preview items for "Heroes". I'm sure people will ask about future Classics, and I'd bet the answer will either be "no plans at this time", or indications Classics designs will be folded into the Titanium 6-inch line.

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,

Why have you not released a subline containing all the Turbomasters and Predators redone with Classics style molding?

I'd like to hear about what went wrong with Titanium.

Also, whatever happened to that "vote for a toy out of a list and we'll make it" idea they had a few Botcons ago?