Botcon general question

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by dcjackson, Sep 26, 2007.

1. dcjackson

dcjackson New Member

Hi,
    I've never been to a botcon before and plan to go in 2008. Is the botcon open to general public or is there a registration process that particpants need to go through. I'd hate to fly somewhere and not be able to get in!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that it is open to "walk-ins", but that it's recomended to register first. I've never been to one either, so I'm not 100% sure on that. I too plan to go to next years con, as long as I have enough money to be able to go, and it happens during a week where I won't have to worry about missing any school :thumb .

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This question would be better answered in the conventions and get togethers forum, but to answer your question yes Botcon is open to walk in on Saturday and Sunday only. Activities on Thursday or Friday are for Pre-registrants only. Walk-in registrants are not guarenteed a seat at any of the panels (pre-registrants get first dibs) nor any of the toy exclusives, again pre-registrants get first dibs.

Note this is based on the last 3 botcons and future botcons may vary. If your interested in doing some research go to www.botcon.com and check out all the links. That will give you a rough idea of prices and what sorts of activities that may go on next year.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Has anything been said about where Botcon is going to be next year?

I really want to go, but I'm already going to be spending a fair bit of cash to go to a 4 day concert that is usually in the mid-west and if Botcon is on the east coast again there is no way I can make it to that.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No announcement yet, though it should be up fairly shortly. They said in October so at the extreme outside it'll be another 4-5 weeks.

The best idea is to preregister - you can walk in, but preregistered guests get to go into the Dealer Room a day early, and some events and panels are only open to the preregistered attendees. Plus you get your exclusives that way :)  Even if you don't want the exclusives, you can always sell them on to someone else who does - I am not encouraging scalping, just pointing out that you could make some money back off them.
    This year was my first Botcon and it was a real great weekend - I totally recommend coming along and meeting everyone, and in general having a great time with the best bunch of people you could want to meet.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, I always thought it sounded like an absolute blast...and I really, really want to go. Would be fun to hang out with everyone from TFW, see the panels, actually be able to get exclusives...

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

If at all possible, I highly recommend going. Pre-reg is the way to go to get the exclusives. According to other threads we should know more by late November. Also if you pre-reg and get the exclusives, you will also get admission to the dinner, and you can see TFW get all the awards next year.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome to the club. I've never been to Botcon before. Tried to go last year, but failed to earn enough money to go.