BotCon Exclusives???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JonnieHardcore, Jul 14, 2006.

1. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

So Ive been to the Botcon site and I see and know that if you pay the 299$ you get the five mentioned exclusives;

Maximals Optimus Primal, Cheetor, Rattrap, Rhinox and Predacon Dinobot

My question is, have any of you been there and if so, are there other exclusives available?

Im debating going, but Im in the Marines and the 299$ and vacation time is limited. Im lucky that Botcon is right before my birthday and Im already planning a trip home for that and lucky my home is on the ohio river in Evansville, Indiana. So I could go.

Ive also seen photos of an exclusive Megatron made from a red alert form.. is this true, or rumor?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Jon

2. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I went to Botcon last year and I know there was a handful of exclusives that were available. In fact there was a freebie, LOC Ramjet. People will know more about the other figures then I do. :lol 

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's all true. Some of the other exclusives will cost you a little, but at least one small toy will probably be free. If it's worth the price to you, you also get the added bonus of meeting people from Hasbro and other companies involved with TF, first looks at upcoming toys, and getting to hang out with a lot of cool fans :) 

4. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I wish that I was going, I have seen the set and I like them, I have also seen the Thundercracker repainted as Waspinator and the Red alert repainted as Megatron. I would love the whole set, but I have never gone to botcon, and I am usually very busy at that time of year:( 

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

This is the way it works. When you register as part of your package you get several exclusives in a big box set. This year they are pre-Beast Wars versions of Optimus Primal, Rhinox, Rattrap, Cheetor, and Dinobot. If you show up at the convention and ordered this set, you will also receive a bonus sixth figure free, but ONLY if you pick up your stuff in person at the convention. In addition to all that, they also have extra (different) exclusives available for purchase at the con. Last year there were two exclusives...a two pack of a Deluxe and Basic for $65, and two Basics for $35. This year we have so far seen four figures for Botcon that haven't been officially announced...the Red Alert remold into BW Megatron, a Flipchanger repainted as Waspinator, and two Energon Divebombs, one in gold and the other in red. Chances are one of the three Basic sized figures (probably Waspinator) will be the freebie and the other three toys will be the exclusives available for purchase at the con. Count on spending at LEAST another $100 on top of the $300 you spent on registration in order to get all the bonus exclusives. That, of course, is not counting hotel, food, transportion, etc. Botcon can be pricey, but it's a good time.

Oh, and welcome. There are several Evansvillians around the board.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Save yourself 10 bucks...sign up for the club ($40) and get a $50 discount on the attendance...and next years club freebie toy :)  If it's like last year there will be a freebie figure for attending, and Hasbro has done a giveaway the last couple years (Energon spears in '04, an LOC figure in '05). Plus you can buy the add-on sets as has been mentioned at less than the inevitable post Botcon scalper prices...

7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    This has been discussed elsewhere, but there's still the chance that at least one of these is NOT for Botcon at all, but is actually for the club. You may think this is unlikely. I may even agree. But it's still a possibility.

8. KidDynamite

True. Yes, it's possible some of the stuff we've seen is for the club and not Botcon. However, given that they're all showing up alongside test shots of the stuff that we know IS for Botcon, and given that we still haven't seen test shots for the club Astrotrain (which would presumably come out before any unannounced club exclusives), it seems highly unlikely any of them are for the club. But yes, technically speaking it is theoretically possible.

9. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

Im not too worried about the money issues, even tho I am broke. and this week is comiccon and I will be attending all days. its nice living in san diego now. Im glad to see another person from evansville. Im going to contact you via myspace tho.

are you attending botcon?

10. KidDynamite

I will be there on Saturday only. Since it's so close to home and money is tighter this year I'm just driving over for the day instead of going to the whole thing.