Botcon exclusives question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Aug 19, 2011.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    How much are people paying AT the con's for this figs?

I see after the cons, the prices asked are completely ridiculous and seemingly inflated. 500$ for a single figure is obnoxious to ask, but people seem to pay it.

But, I'm curious as to how much the figures are at the actual cons.

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    They are still expensive

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You need to be more specific. I believe the highest at-con price has been is $116. Judging on your $500 figure I'm assuming you are talking about Shattered Glass Rodimus or Darksyde Megatron.

There were only 500 Megatron made and he sold for $96 in a 2-pack with scout Waspinator. He's had five years to appreciate in value. $500 is actually the low end as he tends to swing from $500-$1000.

You are more likely talking about Shattered Glass Rodimus who sold in a 3-pack in 2008 with Shattered Glass Megatron and a minicon. 1100 of these were made. His price jumped up in value because up until last year the mold was hard to come by. The base figures of $10 Classics Hot Rod was commanding $50 while the $30 Henkei Hot Rod was near $100. Even then, Shattered Glass Rodimus could still be gotten for a reasonable $150-$200. It was not until Fansproject released the limited run Shadow Scyther armor that he really shot up in price.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Here ya go

The Unofficial Transformers Club and Convention Exclusive Data Sheet