BotCon Exclusive Sets - What you want.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thenames9, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Just a thread to see what you guys would want for a BotCon box set, maybe even include the freebie and the other troop builders etc. This is not to discuss the recent teaser shown.

I wish to see a 30th Anniversary box set of Optimus Primes theough the Generations, making them as screen accurate as possible. G1 - Prime. For a freebie I'd like a Shattered Glass toy every year, to slowly build things up, and for troop-builders, I'd like Classics Junkions, made to look almost exactly like their on screen counterparts.

Discuss!

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I wish to see obscure things that I will never, ever want.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A set that i can afford. :p 

Seriously If it was up to me. Machine Wars:

It's desirable enough for fans to want but not enough to flatline their wallets over.

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    ^ Hell, even a Machine Wars rerelease with all the old molds in their old colors would be cool. Since they'd be collector's items, not toys, they could even put back in the neutered missile launchers from the G1 toys.

5. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Wait a minute! I just tried selling my entire complete Machine Wars line over the last 3 months with NO takers and now people are mentioning that they would love to get a Machine Wars themed set or a re-release of the Machine Wars figures? For God's sake I give up! I was offering a sweet price on my entire collection for 1/2 of what it is truly worth on the secondary market and no one was interested. UUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! :banghead:  :banghead: 

6. OptimusScream

OptimusScream 5 SECOND LEADER

News Credits:
    This and same but with Megs

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ :lol  To be fair, it's only two people. Machine Wars does nothing for me, though the bios at least suggested the possibility of intriguing fiction.

Here's my personal BotCon/Club wishlist. No, it's not exactly a coherent set.

RtS Jazz into Skram. Would make my life.
    Warpath -> Quake
    Jazz -> Dead End
    Blurr -> Wildrider
    Terradive -> Aerialbot or Decepticon Targetmaster (just retool/replace the weapon)
    Cyclonus -> Another 'con Targetmaster

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love a 3 or 6 pack of entirely new Seekers. No "storm" characters or anything that people could bitch about missing out on in retail - just new decos made purely for fanwank purposes.

I'd also be on board with a 3 pack Sweeps set featuring very subtle coloring variations and a 3 pack Junkion set featuring remolded heads per figure.

Some Classics-verse Autotroopers would also be pretty rad imo.

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I don't know about a set but I was just thinking about a figure I'd like yesterday. I want to see Orion Pax & Dion made from Generations Kupp & Universe 2.0 Wheelie to serve as an update to my G1 eHobby set.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

One thing I'd like to see is Cybertron Scourge repainted as an homage to Discord from My Little Pony. He could be a servant of Unicron, or even an EQUAL, who brings his own strange brand of chaos to the universe.

Also, a new toy for SG Astrotrain, so we can actually get a bio for him. Base it on Cole Train from Gears so his motto can be "Can't stop the Train baby!"

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind Universe Galvatron ->Energon Megatron (any variant) and Universe Ironhide/Ratchet ->Energon Tow-Line. Would work fine as reverse homages.

+-MWG-+

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    As long as it's not BW/BM or Animated themes, I don't care. For me it's like that old money on string on the side walk trick. I see it, I want it, but I can never get it.

Maybe MP G1 Soundwave with Rumble and company would be cool for Botcon. Perhaps MP G1 Galvatron would be cool as well.

13. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Hmm... The army builder 3 pack can be junkions with the ehobby head sculpt, each one can have a different color scheme(or the exact colors for each one, I don't really care since I probably wouldn't buy this set).

If botcon wasn't around me I hope that prime idea comes to fruition because I personally think that we have already way to many prime's and MORE for a collectors convention doesn't jive.

If botcon WAS around me and I would be going I think an actionmasters/ehobby/real g2 set would be awesome because I LOVE obscure characters.

Also I think pcc waterlog as manta ray would be awesome.

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    a year of cyberverse figures so i can afford it and they can make 10x more figures.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Starscream has no secondary value to speak in my experience his worth what he cost originally give or take maybe a bit more for a really fresh box... If anything the little ones are more likely to go up in price than Starscream is at least in tune with the RID & Robotmasters repaints. Starscream is so cheap he's almost cheap enough to buy a duplicate just to get more rockets I see them over and over $20.00 and they've been $20.00 for nearly 15 years now.. He's a bit like Ultra Primal you might be able to persuade someone they are getting something special but that does not stop there being hundreds of the things on ebay over the years for a few bucks each.

I think some people think things are more valuable than they actually are - Transformers prices are only really high on select pieces most of which are Japanese or for something neat like original Cassettes.

Something like a 1984/85 Jet has so much less value than it once had due to all the reissues and fakes killing the value. You'd be a brave person to pay $400.00 for a G1 car these days.

I had a few spare Vintage-Classic Combaticons and Stunticons as I was trying to get a set of 5 but was never able to get the leaders to go with them in the copper boxes but around the beast era they were worth £60.00 each new on card (as they were european exclusives) but now they are worth next to nothing. Turbomasters are the same any American who wants to buy them now should have little problem - I heard someone bragging the other week as they got a complete Overlord (uk version) for £40.00.. So if you were storing vintage toys in the hope of giving you a pensio plan you'd have been a lot better off with MASK, Galaxy Rangers, or Starcom all of which have good prices if new in box. Transformers is like Robotix it used to be valuable now its not (Except or the Japanese exclusive rarities).

I see people listing Transformer for $3,000 but I don't see them selling at that - I do however actually see people regularly pay $500.00 for sentai toys or Popy stuff.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    So long as the boxset uses some classic molds, I am happy. As far as troop builders, I wouldn't mind a Wreck-gar retool, but it would really, really hurt my wallet.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some Classics molds in Diaclone colors

Powered Convoy Optimus
    Black Ironhide
    Police Sunstreaker
    Red Mirage
    Red Tracks

I also think it might be fun to see Classics mold in Movie-inspired color schemes.
    Bumblebee is obviously already done but

Optimus w/ red/blue Flame deco
    Black Ironhide
    Green Ratchet
    Silver Jazz
    Tan Starscream

I'd honestly be into those even without any remolding (sans a light bar for Sunstreaker) or new heads.

I'm interested in anything that isn't Animated themed though. I REALLY wish this years' set used Classics molds for the Stunticons :( 

18. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

well since people were hyped about this years maybe being a rid homage heres what id like:

box set:
    scourge from rts optimus
    mega octane from energon barricade
    amorhide from energon blight/kickback
    rotor from energon stormcloud/blackout
    movor from energon treadbolt/airrazor
    rollbar from energon wideload/duststorm (remolded with a claw to resemble those machines like movie 1 bonecrusher)

attendee figure:
    ta-i from energon kicker

souvenir sets:
    shattered glass ironhide and ratchet from univerese ironhide and energon roadblock
    rid x-brawn and prowl from generations perceptor and hftd jazz

army builder:
    wfc generic autobot soldiers from wfc bumblebee

customize class:
    cheetor from energon battle ravage......ok this one i just thought why not but the rest i think could be used. what do you think?

19. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Last stand of the Wreckers. I don't know why its even a discussion...

20. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    I know this breaks most of the rules/trends for Botcon sets (too many molds, too many new heads, only one non-deluxe figure), but I'd buy it

Action Masters Set:

Over-run: Energon Bulkhead/Quickstrike (cut out the backpack drone, if necessary, for costs)
    Mainframe: RTS Perceptor
    Jackpot: RTS Jazz w/remolded head
    Krok: Generations WFC Megatron w/remolded head
    Treadshot: Generations WFC Optimus Prime w/remolded head

Attendee Figure:
    Nucleon Quest Optimus Prime: RTS Laser Optimus

Souvenir Set 1:
    Skyfall: Generations WFC Megatron w/remolded head (from Krok ?)
    Rad: RTS Wreck-Gar w/remolded head

Souvenir Set 2:
    Gutcruncher: Generations Warpath
    Axer: RTS Wreck-Gar w/remolded head

It's a little bit Autobot heavy, but Banzai-tron, Double Punch, and Slicer have all been Botcon figures already