Botcon Dreams

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, May 25, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    What are you looking forward to? hoping for? If you had to pick one thing to be revealed, where if the entire thing sucked except for this one thing, and that one thing being there makes up for everything else, what would it be?

I'm looking forward to more DOTM stuff like Leadfoot, an armored Deluxe Roadbuster, Mirage, Soundwave, Wheeljack. Hoping for more Classics-esque characters, even if its like Bludgeon and Mindwipe at first again. And the one thing that would blow my mind would be a Classics Trailbreaker that doesn't suck. If Botcon was a big ol crash and burn, but they revealed "Trailcutter" was on his way, I'd be happy with that Botcon.

How bout you guys?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not really into movie stuff, so I'm hoping for news/reveals of Classics and Prime stuff. Actually just Classics stuff- as much as I enjoy Prime I don't think I want to personally buy toys for it. That, and news about War for Cybertron 2 (and hopefully a larger number of associated figures) are my main hopes.

3. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Just show me a bit more of the upcoming TF: Prime line and I'll be happy!

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i forgot Prime, more TFPrime too! lol

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Prime toys, next batch of CHUG derivatives, any new G1-esque toys I'm not bothered about the movies. Hall of Fame was a giggle last year,dealer room always good and I'mlooking forward to getting my Stunticons.

Mostly,it's about meeting up with some awesome people I've met at previous conventions who I'm lucky enough to now call friends.

6. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    All I want to hear about is Classics 4.0! I'd like to see a nice assortment of Deluxe, Voyager, Scout and Legends figures and a kick-ass, truly Classics, approach to combiners. Would love to see a revisit to some previous Classics molds that deserve an update and possible upscale in size class (I'm looking at you Grimlock and Galvatron).

7. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    This sums it up pretty well for me. :) 

8. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I want to see a movie leader Shockwave and a voyager (please?) Soundwave. Because Soundwave is that awesome. I don't give flying fecal matter about anything else.

9. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

DOTM toys galore, this line is supposed to be running for as long as ROTF, right? ROTF had some great toys, but I think the beginning stuff was mediocre at best, and as the line aged, it got WAY better.

A less TF related dream is for Botcon to be in Boston, MA, or somewhere close to it. Then I can pursue my dream of going.

10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    mixed aesthetic stuff (want to see movie-ish season 3 characters) and wfc 2 figs

11. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably a boring response, but I am easy to please :p  and I am looking forward to it ALL.....movie, Prime, animated (exclusives), and whatever else they have in store. The convention is just plain fun. The only way to disappoint me would be if it got cancelled.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here's my hopes list for this year's Botcon:

-TFP toyline- really as much as they can show us. I'm even looking forward to how the packaging will look. Would be a good way to reveal any new characters we haven't seen in the show yet. A solid release date would be good, along with some idea of what all to expect in that first wave of stuff.
    -TFP show's future- how the show is doing, how they feel about it's future, what they think of the fan reaction, etc...
    -DotM Leader Megatron- just knowing that he was on the way would definitely make the wait till whenever he would get released bearable.
    -DotM misc.- stuff like an armored Deluxe class Roadbuster, Laserbeak's repaint/retool, or even a movie-styled Grimlock figure would be great, along with the on-screen characters we haven't seen in toy-form yet.
    -MP-Rodimus Hasbro release- not that I'm interested in him, just that it would be nice to know how this project of theirs is moving along. Especially since major QC issues like with this could come in to play when they go to bring Optimus 2.0 over.
    -Original 13- they showed off some of them last year, and if my memory is correct, they said they'd be showing off more this year. Those of us who weren't at Botcon last year still haven't seen them, but knowing that they're working on them, and reading about them, is still better than nothing. I've heard the aesthetic is a lot like TFP, so some more information on the possibility of them coming into play later on the show would be great too.
    -Classics-verse- whether it be the continuation of Generations, or the introduction of a new line at some point, it would be nice to know what, if anything atm, Hasbro has in-line for us as far as Classics-styled figures go.

13. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

This covers my desires. Unfortunately I am not going to Botcon due to affordability issues. But having these reveals would be sweet.

14. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Unfortunately Im only going to be there Friday, so hopefully that will give me enough time to run rampant through the dealer's room and get some stuff Im looking for, and also sign up for that perfect effect exclusive.

15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looking foward to the continuation of the CHUGR line and possibly more WfC figures as well.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Not big into movie, but if they revealed a Leader Shockwave, they just got my $60.