Botcon Deathsaurus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlock_13, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Howdy Fellas! /Butters ;) 

I finally got myself a Deathsaurus from Botcon '05 since I'll probably never be able to afford a vintage one in decent shape :( 

Anyway, I just wanted to get your opinion on which mode you'd use for it.

Personally I'm going to go with RiD Galvatron's 'Griffin' mode since it's the one that (IMO) more closely resembles his G1 toy's alt mode.

What do you guys think?

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go with robot mode since it shows off that brand new head sculpt, but that's just me.

3. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    That's how it will be displayed...I'm just wondering what alt mode people would prefer to use for it :) 

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, I personally like either 2 headed Dragon Mode or Giant hand, the latter for comedic purposes. His recent TFCC profile shows his "offical" alt mode for the Wings continuity being the Jet, so you may want to go with that.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I've got the toy & I also use the griffin mode.

just a pointer,the cybertron year 2005 ultra sized Cyro-scourge toy makes a great deathsauras toy. as the dragon is big & bulky like deathsauras. those colors are spot on accuratate. the robot mode is big & bulky like 1989 deathsauras. the robot head has a similar visor on the top of the head. the scourge hand held weapon looks a bit similar & something 1989 deathsauras would use in the cartoon.

6. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I love the hand mode too...I guess now that I have Deathsaurus to join my RiD Megatron I can have two menacing claw hands flying around the house, tormenting my cats :lol 

I never knew TFCC went with the Jet mode for him. Personally I think out of all the modes the Jet mode looks the best. Hmmm....I dunno the closet G1 purist in me screams out that he should have a beast mode...decisions, decisions! Haha :) 

That's true about Cryo-Scourge, I've got it as well. Never even thought about the similarities, thats a pretty good observation!

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I guess I need to get acquainted with the character to make that decision. So far the only things from that Botcon set that interest me are the Arcee repaints and Ricochet.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You need him in hand mode, wielding Henkei Megatron in gun mode. Excuse the old photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010