Botcon Dealer Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by matrixprime, May 27, 2010.

1. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey guys! This is the first year my dad and I are going to Botcon as dealers and I was wanting to know how you determine what prices you set on toys? Do you go by guidebooks or do you just set prices based on what you think they are worth?

2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Setting prices r up to each dealer. Been going as a dealer for 6 years, is this a private collection u are selling? Or are u selling brand new products? I seen tfsoucre and big bad toys get into a price war at botcon 08. Pm me if that does not answer your questions

3. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah its about 2/3 of my private collection ranging from BW, BM, RID, Animated, ROTF, and some G1 and G1 reissues. Some are MIB some are sealed, some are loose. I don't really want to set my prices too high as I am more or less looking to thin out my collection to G1, Classics, and Animated.

4. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    Personally, I would give some good deals. Some things up the price, but others lower it a bit. Like new Deluxes, sell for $10 even.

5. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    do dealers buy toys off of people at the show

6. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes. Especially the coveted boxset.

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yes, like i said in the other tread.

I would not say that. Not all deals want more boxes or loose sets. The few I know that will buy them up like wild fire are The japan dealers ( you do better if you take some items and cash off the, then taking just cash) Bigbadtoys is the other major dealer that will buy the box or loose sets.

Personal after last years dog set, this ones is not looking much better. Most people are alreadying looking for streetwise and breakdown as the top seller for this years. Clutch comes in 3rd wanted. Personly I dont take in box set unless the whole set was great like the 07 and 08 sets. I have taken in sets but not that years box set it was either the year before or older.

Most of the dealer you will see at botcon are not full time dealers in other words they may only sell at botcon or a few other shows. not like bigbadtoys store that has a show every month that they go to.

8. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    even other toys than the box set