Botcon Dealer Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by shadow panther, Sep 1, 2008.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I plan on thinning out my collection a little, mostly repaints, would it be worth lugging repaints from Armada Energon and Cybertron loose and in mint condition all the way to Botcon and set up a dealer table?

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    For 2008, it was $175 just to have a dealer table. A booth started @ $300.

http://botcon.com/Botcon08/cinc dealer.pdf

You probably wouldn't even come close to breaking even with just Armada, Energon, and Cybertron stuff to sell... unless you have a crapload of it MISB.

3. shadow panther

News Credits:
    damn

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why sell it at BotCon? eBay or the Junkion are probably much better bets with fewer operating costs.

5. shadow panther

News Credits:
    true

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    While the boards are "cheaper" the amount of people who buy are low. You would get a lot more people interested in buying at Botcon. But if you do not have a lot to sell, it would not be worth it. Your best bet is to sell it at the parts party we hold every year. I always post a thread when Botcon is near.

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megamus is right, unless your like a friend that sold 90% of his collection to buy a new car, and even then he join up with me and megamus at our booth to help with costs. But I think with the results we had at our parts party which includes sells of complete bots, parts, almost complete bots. We are doing just as good if not a little better sell out of the hotel room vs the dealer floor. As far as the 09 show depanding on where they have it will depand if we get a booth / table on the dealers floor. AS well as how much product we will have for sale.

if you have any more question please feel free to pm me or megamus

8. megamus

News Credits:
    This goes for anyone thinking of selling. If you do not have enough to cover the cose of a table. Get in touch with us. We host a parts party starting on Thursday and ending on Saturday. I personally have hosted the parts party since 2001. I usually do better at the parts party than I do in the dealer's room, because our prices are better than anything you will find in the dealers room. Also, if you are looking for a deal, look for the official parts party. I am getting ahead of myself, we have plenty of time before I post anything but something to think about for next year.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Have to agree with megamus and g1fan, I bought a buncha stuff with me and came back with only a ziploc bag of small parts, I probally spent more cash during the parts party than most of botcon also :D 

10. megamus

News Credits:
    he only thing we ask is that you treat everyone with respect and that if you are able, contribute something to the raffle. We started something this year and it worked pretty good. Turns out it was a blast.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Parts party or try and sell your collection to a dealer at the con. That's what I did and I was able to walk away with a Packrat Fratcly Botcon set.

12. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally can vouch for the parts party. Definitely the best spot at BotCon to sell your goods, especially stuff from AEC. It's also usually a great place to find good cheap deals on toys. I find (and I do this myself as well) that people selling in the parts party, are more looking to just get rid of their extra toys - not trying to recoup costs like if they were in the dealer room. So lots of people sell low and buy low. I dig it.