BotCon Cyber-Key Oddities

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Sidecutter, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, so it's been noticed that there's a color-mismatch among the BotCon toys' Cyber Keys. Now, in the efforts of establishing whether this oddity is uniform, or entirely random, I'd like to compare what I received with others here.

Here's what I got:
    --Box Set: Three "light grey" keys, two "metallic" keys. The middle three keys are grey, and the end two are metallic. The left end metallic key is Dinobot's Predacon key.
    --Bag Set: Three light grey, two metallic. Cheetor, Rattrap, and Primal are bagged with light grey keys, Dinobot has the same Metallic Predacon key, and Rhinox has the metallic Maximal key.
    --Megatron/Waspinator - Both my Megatron/Waspinator sets have Megatron paired with a metallic Predacon key that matches Dinobot's key.
    --Tigatron - Both my Tigatron figures have light grey Maximal keys.

I have also seen one other opened box set at the show, and at least one other Tigatron. The layout of the keys matches what I noted above. Anyone else? Even better, is anyone's laid out differently? This will be especially interesting if any of the bagged figure sets don't match the key coloration, as right now it looks like the metallic Maximal key is supposed to go with Rhinox.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got the same. Two pred and one maximal metallic key, and four light gray Maximal keys (I don't have any duplicate BC toys)

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was just listing my dupes for the purposes of establishing that the second copies I have had the same layout of keys as the first. Sort of a local second set for initial consultation.

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Just checked mine and they are exactly as yours. A funny thing I noticed that on the back of all of them they had the decepticon symbol. Where there any that had the autobot symbol?

5. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    They should all have 'Con symbols, since they use the Planet X key mold (used by Sideways, Soundwave, and Unicron) without any remolding.