Botcon customs class animated deluxe minerva

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by encline, Jun 2, 2011.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What can I say, this is a really cool looking figure in person and was a surprise to EVERYONE! ..

As you can see, Minerva is a re-colored Animated Arcee. A VERY crisp white and nice flat red work VERY well together. DJW and Shawn Tessman work on her for a while and really put a lot of thought into the design process here. They made the color scheme and we all were able to follow it in the class. Between hand painting, airbrushing, and the custom sticker decal set, we are given another official Fem-bot...and guys.. HOMERUN! I think this figure will be one of the more more sought after animated figures, not only because of the limited production, but the great look if it..

To get a real nice run down of how the class works, check out MegaHoavok's review!

Botcon 2011 Customizing Class experience – Making Animated Minerva!*|*Collecticon dot org

and here are the pics...

Shawn's awesome "prototypes"..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did a little extra panel lining on mine...I also have the Animated style ears, which my buddy to whom's collection this is joining really likes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    So how's the QC/build quality? :p 

3. encline

News Credits:
    The same as Arcee...it is an official Hasbro product...

4. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome! THIS is the figure I wish was the freebie and the Fisitron was the custom class. Oh well. My only complaint is that the front of the vehicle mode looks a little bland with the large amount of white and not enough color variation. Robot mode - perfect! Anybody want a 2010 souvenir set for this? (I can get lucky, right?)

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The beauty of the custom class figure is any issues/preferences could be (at least potentially) changed to suit the builder's tastes.

I'm liking that figure quite a bit too, but I doubt there's much I'd be able/willing to offer that would get me one.

(though I'm betting KO toys/CMHS has their eyes open and are going "now THERE's an idea!" :)  )

6. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id be very suprised (but happy) if they could pull off th "ears".

Awesome looking figure Encline :D 

7. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I like that she has Ratchet's lifeline decal.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't expect the ears either from a KO, but that's what repro parts/kitbashing/customising/settling for less is for. :) 

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Ah man. Why couldn't I have been there...

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Beautiful figure, I literally jumped 3ft in the air at Universal Studios when the news came through! I'll never sell mine as Animated and Masterforce are my two favourite series :D 

Encline, Shawn, and the girl who later cosplayed as Magnus (I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name :( ) were all really helpful, the class provided some very useful tips and tricks. Closest I've come before was building G1 Kabaya kits.

encline: Just a pity I can't add my accent into this post for you! :lol 

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Love my Minerva! Trying to figure out a worthy display for her.

Because of the class, I'm now wanting to get an airbrush and try my hand at customizing other figures.

I'm a bit curious about the G1-style antennae. How many people managed to get hold of those? On Thursday, we were told there weren't enough to go around, so no one could have them. I greatly prefer their look, and have to think they'd be less fragile than the others.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm happy that I have zero nostalgia for Minerva, since I never knew the character - makes it so much easier to accept I will not own this toy.

It looks good, but the robot mode seems too much like Arcee to me - I know that's not really true, it's way more white and all that, but I just can't help but feel it's a slightly different Arcee - unlike Drag Strip, who is so different she looks like a different character alltogether.

This figure is getting alot of love though, so I'm happy for the people who got to customize one and take it home. :) 

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe all the people in the Wednesday class got the G1 antennae. For Thursday Shawn only had a handful left. The reason the rest of the Thursday class did not get them was because Jessie mold broke.

14. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was getting fairly torn up about how having been able to get a Minerva, then remembered I have the Galaxy Force Minerva deco of Chromia/Thunderblast.

Animated Minerva is definately great looking, I would have loved to have been able to get one.

15. encline

News Credits:
    haha!!! It was cool getting to hear you talk man!

The whole class was great. I learned a good bit from Shawn too. It was also really cool I was able to get the only figure for my friend who has everything Animated!