Botcon Custom Class FULL

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Peaugh, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Update on the home page. Still no pics of the figure set.

"Hello MEMBER!

This is going out to all TCC members BotCon info:

The Transformers Figure Customization Class for Wednesday and Thursday are now full. We have emailed everyone who got a seat in the class.

We still have 11 seats available in the two day Molding and Casting Class.

All classes are from 9am-5pm.

If you request on your registration form a class that is full, you will receive a call to see if you want to convert to the other class.

All tours are still available.

Thanks!

Brian"

2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Big surprise. Those classes never last long! Congrats to whoever made it in. With a mirror universe concept, there's a lot of potential in whatever mold or molds get picked.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    what do those classes do? do they give you a toy and go through the entire repaint process to turn it into another character?

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Usually you get the complete unassembled toy on the sprue(s) and then get directions on how to paint it into a custom character that usually goes with that years theme set. In 06 it was two copies of the Ramble mold, painted to look like Rumble and Pre-BW "universe" Inferno. Last year it was Grimlock into the G1 Cassette, Overkill. This year, who knows? But as was pointed out, the alternate universe theme gives lots of options, maybe even that Mirage into Crasher option people have been clamoring for.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

And don't forget 2005, which was an unpainted Command Ravage. That one wasn't made into any specific character, at least to my knowledge, and was a lot more limited than later classes.

EDIT: Actually, that was 2004, seeing as I have the images listed as OTFCC Ravage. I guess 2005 didn't offer it?

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I wanted to sign up, but was waiting to send in my form until I saw some of the toys. Wasn't sure if I should do the Primus or Iacon ( attendee with no toy? ) package. Now it's too late.

This will be probably my first complaint about the way they do things, but they really should show the toys before they open registration so people can decide. While I was waiting to see which package to order, the class fills up.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    QFT. It always feels ass backwards to open up prereg before even showing anyone what they're shelling out the money for. Sorry you didn't get into the class, man. :( 

8. Agent_ravage

Agent_ravage Saboteur

Yeah, the Ravage from 04 wasn't named. Tony Beard (the former Hasbro paint scheme guy and class instructor) just referred to him as "Battle Cat." The numbers where very limited, I believe 15 attended the class (me being one of them). Interestingly, the toys weren't freshly molded but rather repainted by the instructor himself. I guess it wasn't a fully preplanned Hasbro thing.

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    So who all got into the class? Other than me that is. Wouldn't it be neat if the majority of the class were 2005 members.
    That would rock!!!

10. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay first Megamus.. I'm so freaking jealous of you, it's not funny.

I'm on the "waiting list" for the Wednesday class, waiting for one person to flake out on it. Not holding my breath, but I'm really hoping that I can get in through some fluke of fate. It's aggravating, as I fought to get my faxed reg that day, and I still didn't get into either of the classes. It was the main reason I wanted to go honestly, and now I'm thinking about not going.
    This will be year 3 I've tried to go to it, and haven't been able to go.

It's such a popular class, I don't see why they can't get more teachers and do more classes. They sell out so damn quick, that it's near impossible to get into.

Not to sound really whiny, but wasn't there 30 per class last year as opposed to this year's 25? I think we had 28 in Patrick's last year, and while I would love to go to class with him teaching again, this year on molding and repro, as there's still spots, but I'm not sure I can swing that.

11. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

Right.... cause there's not a precedent at ALL for that from Botcon. At least with FP you actually get to see what the figures are before sending in your order. Before them you put down if you wanted the big figure, small figure, or both and whatever it was at the con is what you got.

I'll also be in the Wed Customs Class. 3 YEARS IN A ROW BABEE!!!

12. SwineTrekkie

SwineTrekkie Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I totally know how you feel. I was on the waiting list last year for both days and didn't make it into either one. Luckily this year I managed to get into the Thursday class.

I agree that there should be more class sessions or possibly some kind of limit to taking the class year after year which would allow more people try it out.

13. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I managed to get in during Botcon 2006, Missed During Botcon 2007, and then learned my lesson so I sent my form early enough to get into the Thursday class.

See you all there.

-TF2

14. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

I'm in. This will be my first custom class too.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Freyabeads and myself will be in the Wednesday class. First time for both of us. We want to learn the best ways to customize Transformers.

16. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the Wednesday class, which really surprised me. I was about to cancel my botcon trip when they called me to let me know I got in. How about that? Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.

Now it's a matter of flying out and finding a place to crash on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Anyone have room on the floor or couch for a fellow TF fan, I'd be most appreciative to know. :) 

17. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I decided to take the casting and molding class. I hope I didn't get taken because I really wanted the customizing class. Also, it may help FP to encourage additional types of classes. I did mention to them I was hoping for a free toy anyway like the customizing class. :) 

18. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, Patrick is an amazing guy. You should have a blast in that class. :)  I had him last year for the diorama class.

19. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I got into the Thursday class. Can't wait. I just hope my wife can find something worth doing with our 1-yr old while I'm at the class. Maybe she can wait in line for the Club Store to open. Hmmmmmmmmmmm........