Botcon Custom Class figure revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Computron34, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Gee, they put alot of thought into this one... :rolleyes: 

2. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    That....
    Is....
    GENIUS!
    Too bad the figure's gonna be horrifically expensive on the secondary market D;

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I agree (though I didn't have much of an interest in Minerva anyway). My first thoughts when I saw it was, "I don't think I will be feel incomplete without it, but it is a pretty sharp looking figure." Would I want one if I could get it at a reasonable price? Hell yea. Would I have been pretty happy with the choice if I was attending Botcon/Custom Class? Yup. Do I feel incomplete without it? No.

Quality choice Fanpub, if you have any extras, you can send one my way :) 

4. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ This. Looks like a great repaint. I really like how there are these official routes to obtain some really cool repaints that otherwise could never see the light of day.

I would buy if there was a general release and especially if they could somehow integrate a head change gimmick. I love Decepticon cars and Alt Shockwave holds an important place in my collection and a deluxe version would be a complete shoe-in.

5. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  7. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Custom figure isn't really part of the set though.

Haha, I just realized that. Even the weird Wheelie is an exclusive.

At least link my twitter, ya jerk! :p 

The reason most of the samples you have seen are not painted is because we simply did not really have the time to. The class started at 9 AM. I left just before 7 PM. Not kidding. There were many steps that were better for the Fun Pub guys to handle, and with the five or 6 of them in the room and 60ish of us, those steps took up a huge chunk of time. The build was fairly frustrating in some steps. Those springs in the legs!! THOSE DAMN SPRINGS! They taunt me even now.

That all said, the Fun Pub staff were awesome. I only left at 7pm cause I was tired of staring at that damn RtS Jazz mold after that long. (I later forgave it because Treadshot is full of awesome.) When I did leave, they were all still there helping those who remained to paint or finish their builds WELL after 5PM when the class was suppsoed to be done. I really hope they are able to stream line the process for the class tomorrow. While its disappointing that my Longarm his several loose pens, its not really anyone's fault but Hasbro for delivering different hardware than the first sample the builds were based on. I know I can fix my pin problems, although the random stress mark that appeared on the hood will probably mean I will have to just repaint the whole thing in the long run. (To those who suggested the lighter/blowdryer thing, it didn't work unfortunately.)

I am not disappointed in the figure choice at all. The few painted samples I saw looked really cool. Sol Fury's was great, I hope mine eventually turns out that good. I don't understand all the negativity towards this figure, especially comments towards its niche nature. Niche is the best category for this kind of thing.

8. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Wait out of curiosity how much does this sell for at botcon?

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. If they pulled something like G2 Sideswipe a few years ago again - and did maybe RID Scourge, people would then complain that they'd be making a figure everyone wanted. This is just right I think, a figure a select few might appreciate, but isn't a fan demanded character that it'd leave a lot of holes in peoples' collections.

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just like Treadshot, the idea and execution are both amazing, but the the whole thing is slightly marred with Shattered Glass. This should not have been SG.

11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Firstly - for cryin' out loud, how long does it take for people to keep basic numbers in mind? Shockwave's head is hexagonal, not octagonal in diameter!!! Six, not eight. How hard is to remember that? Don Figueroa is to blame for this, he kept drawing his head that way...

Secondly, well... the idea is weird, considering Longarm was a grey crane, Grapple would have been a better mold for this. I see the Alternator Shockblast hommage, but why would anyone want that in deluxe scale is beyond me.

Plus, doesn't SG Shockwave already exist in comic books? And isn't he yellow/gold?

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    1. Its apparently based on Action Master Shockwave's head.

2. They needed someone to repaint from the Jazz mold and chose Shockwave as a homage because the characters used the same mold in Alternators. Its a custom class exclusive. These are always a Deluxe and always a reuse of a mold from the boxed set.

2 & 3. This is not Shattered Glass Shockwave or even G1 Shockwave. He is an evil Autobot who just so happens to look like the evil Decepticon Shockwave. The Longarm name was chosen solely because it was Shockwave's Autobot alter-ego in Animated.

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I agree about Minerva and now Shockwave, however the anger over Sideswipe is perfectly justified IMHO. Remembering that the 2010 set was ADVERTISED as. G2 theme and Sideswipe was pretty universally liked and held up as a high point for G2 it's not a stretch to see why so many were mad, especially while having duds like Streetstar in the set (swap those 2 and their never would have been a single complaint) and the story about the staff seeing the piece at Joecon and saying "wow, people are going to be pissed....well, at least WE have OURS"

14. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This piece of news was so important that it got posted twice on the main page.

15. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    want one!

but cant go to botcon....
    i do hope people here will put somes of them at selling

16. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like a knock off

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Its a custom, put together and painted by the attendees at the class.

18. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

There's one selling on ebay for $1000 and counting... I can't even believe someone would spend that much -- on any transformer.

19. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I realize this..
    Yet Minerva and g2 sideswipe didn't look like knock offs..
    This one does..

20. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.