BotCon contests shut-out to Internationals?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by JLvatron, Sep 15, 2005.

1. JLvatron

JLvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just read the rules to the BotCon costume contest and it's only open to US residents. So far all previous BotCon/OTF contests were open to ALL attendees. Can somebody please confirm if a convention contest is actually not open to all convention attendees?

Please tell me I read it wrong. :huh

btw, this will NOT affect me immediately as I'm probably not attending and wouldn't have a transportable costume ready, anyway.

Also, the grand drawing at the end for a trip to BotCon 2006 is only open to continental USers!
    Would there be an alternate prize if they draw an outsider? :( 

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like I said in the other thread the International Transformers Collectors Convention is sounding more and more like American World Series Baseball.

The say it's World Series but only Americans play in it.

I'm guessing (hoping) that it's a typo but if not then they run a high risk of alieniating the international (there's that word again) fans.

3. JLvatron

News Credits:
    Sorry, when I said Canadians, I meant outsiders. I changed the subject to 'Internationals'. Yah, alienating aint good.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Apart from anything else, Hasbro Toy Shop vouchers would be useless to anyone outside the US, since they don't ship overseas.

5. JLvatron

News Credits:
    If I won I could always leave the coupon with a fellow US fan to purchase the toys, then work it out between us. If I have to pay $30 to ship 150$ worth of toys, it's hardly useless.
    Or they could always give something else, even of lesser value.

Either way, excluding convention goers from a convention contest is Bogus. :huh