Botcon comic ending

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bryan, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This was my first Botcon, so I have no idea if there's any continuity between comics, or will be now that Hasbro and FP seem to have ensured some consistency to the convention.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

But with the cliffhanger of the original Predacons 'returning' to lead the BW Predacons, does anyone think there's a chance next year's comic will continue the story, and that the show exclusives might be repainted Predacons? I can't think of a toy that matches up well with Divebomb (although it seems like there is one), and I couldn't see the artist treatments of Tantrum, Rampage, or Headstrong well (although they all looked sorta technorganic to me). But Razorclaw really looked like a Liobreaker repaint w/ new head mold.

They wouldn't combine or anything, but I could definitely get on board with a set of new Preds.

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see a set of Predacons.

So if there were a set of the Predacons, I would assume we would get a Maximal freebie, and two Maximal 2-packs...Just judging by this year. That way the numbers are balanced out (this year we ended up with 5 Maximals and 5 Predacons).

I am not sure how the transition in this story line was handled from 2005 Botcon to 2006, but I would guess that a Pred set would be unlikely. But I am still hoping for one!

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think they will do the Predacons next year because they will be able to come up with something much better by then. That said, I'd love to get the repainted Leobreaker with a new head. That was an awesome idea. They should do it as a club exclusive.

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I bet next year will be Classics Molds somehow...

5. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Divebomb is apparently based on the Energon Swoop mold.

Someone did have a repainted Leo Breaker into Razorclaw in the display booth at the front of the show, along with a few other Preds.

I also liked int the comic how the got round saying characters names.

I would say, however, that with next year being the release of the Movie, I'd say the set will have some link to G1.

6. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love that page

7. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all I know is there were some damned good colors in that book

8. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

It's been said that the show characters from this comic who didn't get toys (Tarantulus, Terrorsaur, and Scorponok) were drawn to look like other toys. I've seen a few pictures. Scorponok looks like Energon Scorponok. But I can't tell what possible toy could be used for Terrorsaur. And I haven't seen Tarantulus.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

What was the story in the comic?

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nothing earth-shattering. Briefly, Megatron steals the disc, Tigatron fails to stop him and commanders Airrazor's ship, the Maximal Council sends the Axalon after the Darksyde (it's not a battleship, but it's the only vessel nearby with a transwarp drive). During all this, some mysterious TF is directing Laserbeak and Buzzsaw to attack the Axalon, which they do. The Axalon, with help from Tigatron and Airrazor, manage to destroy them in time to pursue the Darksyde through the transwarp portal. Tigatron and Airrazor lose their ship and are damaged so badly that the crew of the Axalon can only save them by downloading them into blank protoforms (no time to repair them, since Megatron is escaping). Fast forward 'many cycles,' and Divebomb (G1) is reporting to Razorclaw what happened and how Megatron failed (must have been before BM? I'm not sure), and Razorclaw does the evil villian announcement of his return to lead the Decepticons. That's how it went, more or less.

I knew I'd seen the mold before.

And yeah, some G1 link is certainly possible due to the movie. Especially some sort of movie character connection. It might be wishful thinking for Predacon repaints, even just Razorclaw and Divebomb.

It'd be nice to ask the artist directly if he just used them for models or if it was a directive from above...

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    The last scene is post-BM, since they reference the Battle for the Sparks. Hence also why all the Predacons are techno-organic.

But loved the Botcon comic-- I honestly didn't think they'd be able to pull off the whole pre-BW Tigatron/Airazor thing, but they did so, wonderfully.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I didn't even think about that...Razorclaw musta REALLY been outta the loop.

13. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

You're damn right! :lol 

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, I want this comic.

I like how the Predacons name comes full circle.

Headstrong SHOULD = TM Rhinox
    Tantrum SHOULD = BM Longhorn
    Rampage = One of the thousands of cat molds

Then Razorclaw as leobreaker and Divebomb as Swoop... and there is the 5-pack exclusive next year.

15. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would love to see that as an exclusive for next year. And every other predacon yesssss. :D