Botcon Combiner NightClash

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megamus, Jul 3, 2009.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I am not sure if this is news worthy if not Mod please move it to where it needs to go. Not everyone knows this but at Botcon 2008 customizing class we made Shattered Glass Nightbeat. At this years class we made Shattered Glass Thunderclash. If you were lucky enough to be at both classes you could combine the two and make.
    NIGHTCLASH
    This is documented in the handbook that was passed out at this years customizing class. I have included pictures of the combined mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shattered Glass
    Evil Autobot
    Nightclash
    Function: Super Warrior
    "We stand as one, our will be done."
    BIO: The combined form of NIGHTBEAT and THUNDERCLASH, Nightclash is a near-perfect fusion of the minds of these two seasoned warriors. While feared on the battelfield for his immense strength, he is usually only sent into battle in the most extreme of circumstances, as his component robots are too important to risk being lost.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES: Nightclash combines the best aspects of Nightbeat and Thunderclash. In robot mode, he can use Thunderclash's jet engines as a jet pack, allowing him to fly in excess of 450 MPH. His strength surpasses that of even Megatron. He can use nightbeat's stun gan and Thunderclash's plasma rifle, either individually or combined into a single weaponj. He is able to transform into two distinct robot modes, each with it's own advantages. Usually, Thunderclash becomes the upper torso of Hyperdrive, as this grants the super robot greater strength and brute fighting ability.

WEAKNESSES: Special care has to be taken when combined to prevent Thunderclash from contracting Nightbeat's Cosmic Rust infection. When combined Nightbeat's suspicious, secretive nature and Thunderclash's more benign teperament can sometimes cause Nightclash to freeze with indecision. A precise hit at the two robots junction point can cause Nightclash to separate back into Thunderclash and Nightbeat.

STRENGHT: 10
    INTELLIGENCE: 8
    SPEED: 3
    ENDURANCE: 10
    COURAGE: 10
    FIREBLAST: 9
    SKILL: 7
    ****TAKEN FROM BOTCON 2009 CUSTOMIZING CLASS HANDBOOK BY SHAWN D. TESSMANN*****

2. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude thats a pretty sweet bio but these energon autobot molds just make me cringe when their combined. these two look completely kickass when seperate but i just dont dig the look combined. im sure another pose could sell me on it so either way im liking him

3. megamus

News Credits:
    I actually do not like the mode with thunderclash on top. The other way is not too bad. If I only had one set I would display them separately I agree but the idea was kickasrsh IMO.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The fact they created a bio for the combined mode(s?) is probably to explain why Shattered Glass Nightbeat could form half a super-robot but not combine with anybody in the SG universe at that point, thus SG Thunderclash was the custom figure, to solve that problem.

Still, those two look decent by themselves, and say what you will I think E. Hot Shot's car mode looks cool, which sorta makes up for the crappy robot.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

That part doesn't make much sense. I'm guessing "Hyperdrive" is supposed to refer to Nightclash and is either a stand-in name or an earlier idea.

6. megamus

News Credits:
    I was gonna change it but I just typed straight from the handbook. I also think it was a change in name.

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    well isn't that dandy...nice unique transformer....see this is the stuff the collector's club should do with future exclusives...do repaints that can combine and then you get extra transformer goodiness for your dollars...

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably so. I wish they'd kept that one, though, as it's a nice nod to the unproduced G2 toy, who was going to be like Thunderclash on robo-roids.

(That's robot steroids, not robot hemorrhoids, BTW.)

Also, Cosmic Rust is apparently robo-herpes.

9. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but the worst part about the Nightbeat on top combo is the lack of anything even close to resembling actual hands on that mold. lol. he just has holes on his fenders and that bothers me, at least on the Rodimus mold Thunderclash has the option of those flat vaguely handish pieces of plastic. lol

but hey to each his own, id love to just have that Thunderclash, ive never been to a con but thats gotta be the best customization fig ive seen

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Sounds like that.

Thunderclash was the largest Autobot toy of the Euro 1992 Turbomaster/Predator period, but an even larger Autobot named Hyperdrive was planned, but went unproduced.

Hyperdrive (Turbomaster) - Transformers Wiki

11. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Damn, that was awesome. It's like somebody took Thunderclash and combined him with even more Thunderclash, before applying a thin veneer of Optimus Prime. Never knew about Hyperdrive before, so kudos for that Jarodimus and Fit for natalie.

Now I'm almost sad it wasn't the name used, but for official Botcon fiction, no way that name would fly.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like one of those herpes med commercials.

WOMAN: "I take Valtrex because I have genital herpes"
    MAN: (embraces woman) "And I don't."

13. Silverwynde

Silverwynde PsychoCompletist-by-proxy

Hyperdrive was indeed going to be the name of the combined mode. The kibosh was put on that, though, and Shawn merely missed changing that last mention.

What makes you say that?

14. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

nightbeat looks good in white clash pants.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Very nice. Added it to our resources pages, it's very cool that the combined form gets a bio of his own. Fingers crossed we might actually get to see Nightclash in the club comic to fight Nexus Maximus - fight combiners with combiners!

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Now, where can I find me one Nightclash? :sly2: 

I adore these "abnormal" combination so that's a selling point for me! :drool: 

17. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    The second combination, with Nightbeat on top, looks marginally less ridiculous than the first.

18. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The generic nature of the name and its overuse in other franchises, like Star Wars in particular, made me think that either some toy out there actually uses the name, or that it would simply get vetoed as an official name by Hasbro as more of a "just in case" scenario. There's no chance of the same happening with the nonsensical Nightclash.

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you substitute Hyperdrive as the Shattered Glass equivalent of Powerlinx then it's only grammatically bad.

20. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    that would be awesome. they could also include the planned punch/counterpunch to make it just a schizoid free for all. ;)