Botcon Budget

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by jourdo, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    One of these years I plan on going to one of these. I was curious what are your typical budgets for this weekend?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

It depends on your priorities. Last year I took $300 cash for food and the dealer room, and had $60 left when I got home. Some people spend 3 or 4 times that much JUST in the dealer room. Then of course there's registration and hotel costs and transportation costs. I'd say the average person spends a total of maybe $1000 on everything.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd be one of those poeple. I've had as much as $2,000 in spending money to work with one year, and I'll be aiming for $1,200 this year. Plus expenses. So the whole trip is going to run me around $1,600, not counting the registration fees.

To put that in perspective though, the BotCon trip is basically my one real vacation from the day job every year, as opposed to several shorter vacations other people take, and I take a full two weeks off for it, so I can handle the store business before and after, and have time to wind down and enjoy my new goodies. So as such, I really don't have any problem budgeting a fair bit for it and living it up a little.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Normally I budget only a couple hundred dollars to spend at conventions. This year is very different though. I don't plan to spend a dime in the dealer room beyond the exclusives. It would have to be something really unbeatable for me to bite on a purchase this year as there are very few things I am looking for. Botcon this year is about hanging out with people I see maybe once a year if that.

5. prime1701

prime1701 Well-Known Member

Last year I was not going to buy anything in the dealer room. I ended up spending about $600. There have been other years that I have spent over $3000 in there. This year I am not looking for anything, but I will budget at least $500 just in case I find something.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    With flight and hotel I've spent already $450.00 which isn't bad at all. I want to get the Primus box giftset at $249.99, plus I need at least $300.00 for the dealer room. It's going to be about $1,000 for me.

7. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Im a little ashamed to talk about it, (cause i dont want it too seem line bragging) but after registration, hotel and renting a car to get there, i've paid less then $250 out of my pocket, so i'll have a nice budget of spending money when i get there.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Prereg - $249.99
    Flights from the UK - $900
    Hotel (sharing) - around $150
    Spending money - whatever I can get (typically around $200-300)
    I usually pick one thing I am looking for and just look for that (last year was G1 Starsaber; this year, I doubt I'll pick anything up)

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Let's see

Prereg - $249

Hotel+Flight package $1173(approx)

Not sure about if I'm getting the extra exclusives outside of the Con set I'm guarenteed whe I prereged. Although that MEgatron looks SWEET :D 

In terms of money I make it a point to spend AT LEAST $300 CAD in the dealer room.In Canada if I buy $300 worth of merchandise I don't pay duty IIRC

I guess it depends on what you plan to buy,obviously sticking with main line TFs will be cheaper then buying
    G1 TFs

10. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

The first few years I was collecting, I spent over $2000 at Botcon dealer rooms... And this was back before the prices shot up like they have, so that was a LOT of toys.

These days, I try to bring at least $1500 in cash but I generally spend less well than $1000 and that includes buying all the exclusives. There's just not so much I need anymore.