BotCon blues

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Hi Q, May 1, 2008.

1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Anybody else starting to feel pretty down now that it's a few days after BotCon's over?
    I had a few friends over today for the first time after coming back, and it got pretty boring quickly, and they left quite early. They're not into Transformers, and everything here permeates Transformers.

This must be pretty standard; now that I'm typing this I think I remember a similar thread last year.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was pissed having to leave on sunday at noon.

3. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised this thread is just now being started - I felt this way on Sunday at about 3:00. Monday was pretty bad, but at least I had new toys to get out, fiddle with, and put on shelves to keep my attention. Then it was back to work, which helps ease the "man, life is more suckage when not at BotCon" feeling.

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the same, I think next year I plan on arriving earlier and leaving later.

5. C.I.A.D.

C.I.A.D. Iron Ape

I'm pretty bummed, simply for the fact that I didn't even get to step foot inside of the actual Con itself. I did, however, drink with a bunch of great people, so that did make it worth while...

There's always next year :D 

6. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I'm already in talks with some other fans for next year's show already. The kiss of death for next year's show and dealer room will be the West Coast since most dealers at BotCon are located in the midwest or east coast.

We're praying it's in Orlando!

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I was totally depressed on Tuesday, I totally missed everyone, and worked sucked. I finally was feeling better Wednesday. Today I am still fine. It gets better as time goes on. The bad thing is that it will be over a year till next Botcon.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lolol  one week ago I had gotten through the exclusives line and Shibamura_Prime, KSA and I were chilling out at the Rock Bottom Brewery... oh what good times.

To remind me even more about the con, my package of stuff shipped back from Botcon arrived today.

9. Galvatro

Galvatro Make mine Animated! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

By the time that we got home, we were all wiped. In the last few years, my kids have kept me so busy afterward that I hardly have any time to think about it. But, when I was single and going to the Cons, I do remember a feeling of bumming out.

Galvatro

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    That was some badass macaroni.

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there are a lot of dealers on the West Coast that don't like traveling to the midwest or east coast. So though it may be difficult or impossible for some dealers, I don't think it'll mean a sparse dealer room.

12. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

On Sunday night as I was driving back to Columbus I was sad and wishing I didn't have a Latin exam on Monday so I could have stayed another day to hang out with people. Exams always mess things up. Heres hoping its in the summer next year.

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Sorry to break the somber mood, but I'm still kinda riding high from BotCon - playing with my new toys, recataloging my collection, rewatching TF Idol up on youtube and showing it to all my friends back home, geting PMs from all the new friends I made this year, plus getting a headful of new fanfic ideas, as well as watching all the cool TV shows recorded while I was gone. I hope the good feelings still linger for a while to come. But I'm already anticipating next year's Con.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'm still on a Botcon high and expect to stay here at least another week.

15. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Little bored, but not depressed. Fortunately learning the guitar seems to help that. Planning for next year's con , but I'll have to hear the location before deciding to go.

16. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Gah. I just got home yesterday and everything here felt kinda...blank and empty? At least my fishes and plants are still alive :p 
    The trip from Botcon to NY and all that shit was a blast of course, but despite those fun times I was still in tears on monday night from missing my boys :(  The post-BotCon depression is NEVER fun :cry 
    And NO WAI I will be able to handle back-to-work on monday...*sniff*

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I noticed one thing, getting blues from your second Botcon ending isn't quite as hard as the first one. Still, it was just today 04 May 08 I've been able to sleep without dreaming about the last Botcon. I guess it's really over now. Sigh. Anyway, looking forward to the next one. Sure hope it's within driving distance.

18. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I talk to a lot of fans that went to the botcon show that was head CA in 2004 and they all said that was the smallest dealer sale floor ever. A lot of smaller dealer do not have the cash to ship their stuff out there. Plus the cost of travel, food, and hotel was just higher for that show then other in the pass.

19. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Hard to really use that show as a basis of comparison. Although the Hartmans ran it, that was an un-official show in a year where there was an official show. My friend and I did fly out and split a single table - Carried our wares on the plane. That's a far cry from the 4 booths we've been taking the past two Botcons. And with the change in airline rules giving less free luggage, we really are leaning to just going to any future West Coast shows as attendees.

I think I actually started that thread last year... Last year it was bad. But this year, I'm not feeling it nearly so much. I really don't know why. It was a great con all around... But I think last year's movie release had Transformers every where you turned, so there was a reminder every 5 minutes. This year, I've been able to ease back into the real world a little easier!

20. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I must be the only one who couldnt wait to get home, we were in cincinnati 2 days before botcon and 2 days after the con.