Botcon attendee exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Shouldn't we be seeing the other Botcon attendee exclusives by now? All we've seen so far is Alpha Trion.

2. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

the collectors club website has them all pictured. Thrust, Dreadwing, Dirge, Bug Bite.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Attendee, not box set.

4. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

oh, didnt know that.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My thoughts are that all of the other exclusives are just repaints, so there's no need to run enough tests to get stolen.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The whole time I was thinking they should repaint Mirage into Dragstrip. I figured we would've heard something by now. I remember Thunderblast into Elita-1 was suggested. Botcon is at the end of the month so I'm surprised we haven't heard anything by now.

7. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

So Elita-1 could really be just a repaint, methinks...
    Or it will be left out, with Springer, Weirdwolf, A3 and Huffer as attendee exclusives?
    Or all 5 of them???

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd say if we see any at all pre-Botcon, it will be this week.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm surprised too. I personally think that they should do the Springer one, but at the same time, I wouldn't be able to afforde the thing due to it being really expensive compared to a normal TF.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those are the figures for the box set. What noisemaze is referring to are the exclusives that can only be bought at the convention, the details of which aren't usually known until the convention. Last year we were lucky and saw all the attendee only exclusives on ebay before the convention.

Im very curious to know what the others will be. If they are all of the caliber of Alpha Trion, they're gonna rock.

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I can't afford any of them either, I'm just curious. I'll be surprised if they don't repaint Mirage into Dragstrip. I'm still surprised that Pepsi didn't cross over the Transformers movie with Jazz cola. That's just weird!

12. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

For those who have bought exclusives at the con before, what are the methods of payment? Is it cash only, or can you pay with a card?

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^You can pay by cash or credit card.

14. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    They accept blood sacrifes, or they'll probably settle for just your soul.:p 
    Last year it was cash and credit card. Sure hope it's the same this year, or I'll be screwed. Holy crap I'll be loading the car in 15 days. Still hasn't set in yet.

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bear in mind, MasterCollector will very likely not release images until like, the Friday night of the convention itself.

As for earlier, camp eBay. ;) 

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    There are some cool ones in store, and some people know what they are, they are just sworn to secrecy on the penalty of death of their first born....

Thankfully Heaven is now safely in AZ.

17. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hahaha

I always hated that penalty...

Anyway... yeah I dunno when FP will release pics did they show them Friday night last year?

18. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of people are assuming that we'll get toys of Huffer, Springer, Elita-1 and others just b/c we saw them in comic form. Remember the dark Transmetal Cheetor 3H used in some of their Botcon stories? He never got a toy...so I think the characters we'll see are still up in the air.

Chances are though we'll see at least one of them in toy form this year. My bet is on Huffer as the free antendee exclusive. He's small for one and an Autobot to help balance out the all Decepticon box set.

Man, I can't wait to get there. The wife and I fly out a week from Friday. Visit some family for a few days then head back down to RI. Even though it's looking like I'll only be there for Friday, I'll be happy to pick up my box set in person along with whatever other toys they make available.

19. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

There's always been plenty in the past. We pretty much always know going in to botcon what all the toys are. Besides, all the other exclusives are repaints? They are all repaints.

I'm still torn over whether I want to see a Sunstorm. On the one hand, Sunstorm is awesome. On the other hand, my wallet's in enough pain as it is.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It does seem odd that there have been so MANY Alpha Trions that have shown up on eBay, but not even a single example of any of the other figures. You'd think while they were over at the factory "finding" all those Alpha Trions, they might've "found" one or two of the others, as well.

Or maybe not. I don't know enough about how factory productions schedules work. Maybe it is all in the timing, and they happened to gain access at a point when only Alpha Trion was available.

I'm not going to Botcon, but I'm still going to try to get my hands on these figures (though I know it'll cost me). I'm really hoping that Huffer and Weirdwolf are in the mix.