BotCon Attendee exclusives (when to stand in line)

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by SkyQuake, Feb 25, 2008.

1. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Okay, stupid question time. What time do they normally open up the souvenir line? I thought that all Primus Package holders were guaranteed a shot at the show exclusives (non-box set) up to a certain time. I ask this, because I will likely not make it until Saturday morning.

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Generally the club store opens the same time that the dealer room does. 8:30 or 9:30 if memory serves.

3. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Last year it opened up at the same time as the attendee pickup, which was around 4 PM if memory serves. Right after you get your box set (assuming you ordered one) I would get on line for the store. The line was long and slow last year.

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Except for if you read his post, he's not showing up till Saturday.

5. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    last year the attendee exclusives held out for a couple of days but I would recommend you make that the FIRST thing you do on Saturday.

6. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I'm doing the same thing. Last year they gave you a name badge that was stamped out in places for each add on set you purchased. The line was long and slow but you could purchase 1 each of the 2 two figure add on sets. they even "forgot" a pallet that they sold to members online a week after the show. Anyway we should be fine showing up Saturday and lining up after we pick up our box sets.

7. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbor store open Thursday Night for all Primus Holders, If they do not go there one thursday night they have all day friday to go. But Dealer will have
    1st grabs Saturday Morning before they open the floor to primus holder/ early bird pass.

8. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

My bad. If that's the case, I hope for his sake there are exclusives left.

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Maybe, maybe not. In 2006, there were only a handful (I think 16) of sets left as of Saturday morning. And they were only there because some dealers decided not to buy their allowance of one.

With the apparent sell out of box sets and the fact that they had left overs last year, I think it's possible that this year is setting up for another short supply year.