Botcon Animated Showing - Garbage In, Garbage Out (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There was a choice of two episodes, decided by a vote - Wreck Gar's episode, or the episode Black Friday. Naturally, we all wanted to see Weird Al! The other episode will be shown on Sunday, probably as a part of the two hour Animated panel.

Some spoilers on the episode, stop reading now if you would prefer to be surprised when this airs:

- It's a Ratchet centric episode, focusing on his lack of people skills.
    - Optimus, Prowl and Bulkhead barely appear. Prowl gets some awesome lines though. Optimus has a different trailer, he's towing garbage!
    - The premise is that Porter C. Powell is having a dispute with city hall over the trashbots, he refuses to service them without his contract being increased, so garbage piles up all over the city.
    - Wreck Gar is totally loopy. "I am Wreck Gar. I am good for only one thing: GARBAGE!" "I am Wreck Gar. I am a Decepticon." "I am Wreck Gar. I dare to be stupid!" Weird Al does a great job, he sounds extremely natural.
    - Wreck Gar is huge as well, a Voyager would be the right sort of size against Ratchet without a doubt. One of his weapons is one of the axles from his vehicle mode. He's also got a backpack on his back which he pulls all sorts of random garbage out of.
    - Angry Archer shows up and gets more screentime, he is hilarious and plays off Wreck Gar really well.
    - Lugnut shows up on the Decepticon side, he plays off Megatron magnificently in this one. He goes into one of his "Megatron is great" speeches, Megatron basically tells him to "Just get on with it." It is very like how Beast Wars Megatron would get annoyed at Inferno calling him "my queen" all the time. Same dynamic, really, really good.
    - Lugnut is defeated when Wreck Gar sees the blinking light on his fist flashing and thinks it is morse code or something for the universal greeting and does the whole "bah weep grah nah weep" bit, complete with hand gestures, then punches Lugnut's fist setting it off.
    - There is an experimental garbage eating nanobot colony that Angry Archer stole, and Wreck Gar ended up with. Some of it gets on Lugnut and starts to melt him. When he demands it is removed, Wreck Gar unscrews the whole tail section and Lugnut crashes. Wreck Gar lands on a barge and the nanobots start eating away at everything. To complicate matters, the barge is headed to Detroit and will destroy the whole city!
    - Ratchet ends up realising the error of his ways, apologises to Wreck Gar who vacuums up the nanobots, but Wreck Gar falls into the river and explodes (his torso remains buried in the sea bed, but Ratchet isn't able to pull it out. He assumes Wreck Gar died)
    - Ratchet settles the city dispute, by forcing everyone to make up by holding them up in front of his chest.
    - Spike and a heavily pregnant Carly show up and both get dialogue! Although not confirmed in the show, the writers stated this is their second child, Daniel is the first. Ratchet is trying to get them to a hospital because Carly is in labour, but his bedside manner is non existent. Some very funny scenes.
    - Powell is a real slimeball in this episode, he's basically trying to make money however he can, no matter how much people end up suffering.

All in all, this is a great episode. Set those VCRs when this one airs, it is one to keep. Quite possibly the funniest episode going with a top class performance by Weird Al, and some fantastic writing.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Oookay...

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Alright! I love spoilers! So if you don't, skip my post.

Good. TOTH was great, but that dwelled on Ratchet's past. This'll be a nice "in the moment" characterization ep.

:( 

:) 

A very modest yet realistic plot. I like it.

Awesome. Sounds like casting him was a great idea.

A giant Wreck Gar? Interesting.

Awesome. I love this concept.

*dances* Yay!

This is what I was hoping for.

:lol 

:( 

Sounds like a great ep. Animated hasn't let me down yet, and I doubt it will any time soon with episodes like this.

Riiiight.:D 

4. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Spoilers kick much ass. Thanks.

5. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So, is Wreck-Gar a new addition to the cast or just a throwaway character???

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this episode to air, Wreck-Gar's always been one of my favorites and this episode seems to be overflowing with several transformers refernces.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No way of telling at this point. Soundwave blew up and he's coming back. According to this synopsis Wreck Gar's more intact than he was, so who knows.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome "bah weep grah nah weep"

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man it sounds like Season 2 is really Decepticon packed! Can't wait for more!

10. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

Awesome, I kinda thought that trailer I made for Voyager Ops made him look like a garbage truck. :lol  Can someone tell me the color of the trailer in this screening?

11. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Sounds like a great episode. So, does Wreck-Gar turn into a motorcycle like his G1 incarnation or is he a new vehicle?

12. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Yeah, that was a fun episode. I think the audience roared with applause when Wreck-Gar does the universal code.

13. Cesium Salami

Cesium Salami Older than Kup!

News Credits:
    Sooooo, what exactly does Wreck-Gar transform into, and how is he brought to life? Is Sari or the Key in this episode?

14. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

He transformed into a garbage truck. And yes, Sari was in the episode as was the key. The key shined a light at the Allspark fragment in the garbage and later Wreck-Gar came to life. How he got his name was amusing.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    According to YTV's schedule, the Canadians will get this episode tomorrow?!

16. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    We do?

I thought we were getting 'Mission Accomplished'.

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds amazing, quite an eventful episode. I so adore Weird Al

18. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Would make sense, given that this supposedly comes AFTER "Mission Accomplished."

19. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    So, question with Spike.

Is it Corey Burton voicing him?

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, "Mission Accomplished" is supposed to be on tom... today, so Garbage in/out would be next week.

I hope not. Being two episodes ahead would suck if it meant having to skip one. I hope they're wrong.