Botcon Animated Panel for Sunday report

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TriBlurr, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For those who were there, and saw it, I have one question about the side-car/armour for Prowl. Will it be sold by itself, or will it be packaged with a re-release of the regular Prowl toy? It sounds cool, but I don't want to buy a regular Prowl release to then learn that he'll be released again, but with some cool armour. Thanks if that can be answered :D . Perceptor sounds pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see what the final version of him looks like.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Samurai Sidecar Prowl sounds pretty darn interesting. I wonder if he has a sword, or any other new weapons.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The helmet and shoulder pads were seperate pieces, but the only robot mode shot we saw of Prowl w/ the armor was a show model, not the actual physical toy. We only saw the sidecar-armor in toy form in sidecar mode. So they very well could be the same plastic piece on the physical toy, but seperated so that it looks better on the show. And the colors are an exact match on Prowl's existing colors.

Hasbro said the side-car would be sold seperately at the deluxe pricepoint, which surprised me as it looks rather small compared to Prowl.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they go into any detail about Prowl's past or his upcoming brawl with Lockdown? Animated Prowl is starting to become my favorite TF of all time.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's good news. Prowl is the first one I'll be getting once I see Animated on the shelves. Here's hoping that Hasbro comes up with some more accesory packs like this in the future. Would be cool to see a pack of different weapon add-ons for Lockdown. The repaint with the new weapon sounds nice, but, I'll be sticking with the origional deco.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's interesting. I thought the show designers did the designs. Does it mean that it'll be another non-show transformer like Oil Slick, or did they just mean Takara would be designing the toy?

7. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I would've thought they would package it with Prowl instead of the traffic light accessory.

If they're going to pack it separately and at deluxe price, maybe they could include other stuff, like Prowl's holographic rider.

That'd be kind of cool.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    and probably to package it as a seperate thing it will be packaged with a little paper prowl posing in the middle with all the armor pieces suspended in plastic on the paper prowl, to make it look more impressive.

9. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    - that would be interesting, though hopefully customers wouldn't feel cheated. Parents might buy them without realising.

At deluxe price, they'll definately need to offer something extra to make it worthwhile, and package it attractively.

One is reminded of the many unsold sets of Gobot powersuits that still regularly turn up in original packaging on ebay

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, sorry.

We only saw the show model of it, not the physical toy, so I doubt it, though I guess it's possible. (And he wasn't posed in any manner that would suggest he'd be on boxart-- it was a "just standing there" pose.)

11. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Hmm. Well, G1 Perceptor DID have that entire 'Laser Tank' third mode, and it DID have treads...maybe they're bringing that back? Considering his high tech nature, I'd love it if they made him a Maser tank if they dont keep the microscope angle. It'd go well with his scientist schtick

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sure they can make him a Maser Tank and than he'd star in just about every Godzilla movie! :lol 

Seriously, that's not a bad idea though. Maser Tank's are freakin' cool.

...and it helps that I'm a Godzilla fan...

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This is what was said:

However, it was said in such a jokey, denial way that to me they were hiding the fact that they were doing it by saying they weren't. I read between the lines on that one, perhaps a little too much.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, for those who saw him-about how big is Animated Perceptor/ like was he just standing there, or was it more like a scene?

15. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's going to be a mobile telescope :) 

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It was an animation model sheet - no size comparison, static pose.

I'm personally hoping whatever Perceptor ends up as (since he can't be a telescope, they don't want the much mass shrinking on the show) he can still do the telescope mode. I'd be all in favour of a vehicle mode like the old laser tank that allows for a telescope fan mode.

Also, Derrick Wyatt mentioned the Starscream clone army again, hmmmmm

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    if there is a Starscream clone army, im gonna flip cause i SO CALLED IT!!! a while ago i started a Skywarp and Thundercracker thread about them being clones, through the power of the key, though putting allspark pieces in jets similar to himself could bring them to life ^_^

and i wonder if Perceptor is a really tiny robot...

18. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    Could this be a chance for them to produce a Sari figure? A sidecar by itself seems like a shelf warmer.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. I can't see this as a smart move. It either needs to packaged with a repaint of Prowl or with a mini-figure of Sari. Something so that it's just not a sidecar add on for a character. I can see many a kid asking for Prowl for Christmas and being ticked because most parents wouldn't bother to check if it was actually Prowl or not (and probably wouldn't even realize that what they were purchasing was an add on for the toy).

20. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Yeah, it would be a good opportunity to include human figures.

It might've been better to include a human figure with Prowl in the first place, instead of that stupid traffic light.

There's other stuff I'd like to see them do, if they need to fill out a pack to justify the price. Aside from the various human characters, It might be nice to get some of the background robots, or the proto version of Soundwave, or the disembodied Megatron head.

I'd also like a transforming Headmaster head that would be compatible with deluxe Sentinel, and possibly voyager Bulhead(the leader Bulkhead Headmaster doesn't transform). Just for the heck of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.