Botcon and Back again (a fan's holiday)

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by weltdav, Apr 28, 2008.

1. weltdav

weltdav Active Member

I went to Botcon on Saturday morning with my brother, his wife, and his friend Tom who also happened to like Transformers.
    We left from my brother's apartment, and got to the Duke Energy Center at about 10:00am EDT. Steph(my brother's wife) stayed at a coffee shop on the first floor, while My brother, Tom, and I went up to the convention.
    There was a long line when we reached the third floor, but it was moving at a good pace so we didn't have to wait too long. Once we got in the convention, my brother, Tom, and I pretty much just walked around looking at the dealer tables. My brother bought some of the old contructicons, I bought a powermaster Darkwing, that had dreadwind's guns, and a couple sticker sheets. Tom bought a few posters. After a couple hours, we left the convention, we did look at the art table before we left and saw some people in transformer costumes as we headed back down to Steph.

We left the Duke Energy Center and went to lunch at the Hofbrahaus in Newport, Kentucky. Basically, It's a german restaurant modeled after the Hofbrahaus that is in Munich. Yes, we did drink beer there with our lunch.

After lunch, we drove to Jungle Jim's. This is a large supermarket between Dayton and Cincinnati. It's the biggest supermarket I've ever seen so far. They have all kinds of food, beer, wine, and liqour. Some of which come form different countries.

After Jungle Jim's we drove back to the apartment and had a nap. Tom left and went back to his place. I played Metroid Prime 2 using my brother's Wii, then watched DVDs of Monty Python's the Meaning of Life and an episode of Space Above and Beyond with My brother and Steph.

Not much happend yesterday other than petting a cat, going to church, and coming home.
    Not much happend Friday coming down either.

So that was my weekend. Sorry for the long post and lack of pictures.

2. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

Did you drink beer with your lunch?

3. weltdav

weltdav Active Member

Read my post again, I believe I had said whether or not I had beer with my Lunch